PDA

View Full Version : Removing old paint stain from a quilt?

Pinky
03-09-2015, 08:54 PM
I found a mysterious paint stain on my daughter's quilt and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how to remove it. I've been researching and it seems that dried paint stains are really difficult to remove. It's on a white background. Bleach or rubbing alcohol didn't help. Any suggestions?

american_mama
03-10-2015, 12:11 AM
I have never been able to remove old paint, either latex or craft paint. It has ruined many articles of kid clothing - sometimes I ignore, more often the item becomes too cruddy looking. I even bought special paint remover for paint brushes, and that didn't work - not on the brushes nor the clothing.

Pinky
03-10-2015, 08:50 AM
I have never been able to remove old paint, either latex or craft paint. It has ruined many articles of kid clothing - sometimes I ignore, more often the item becomes too cruddy looking. I even bought special paint remover for paint brushes, and that didn't work - not on the brushes nor the clothing.
Thanks for the reply! I think I may just need to try to ignore the paint. Fortunately it is a matching color. LOL

I was hoping there was some magical solution that I was missing!