PDA

View Full Version : Evites and figuring out who its for? + a twin question.

khalloc
03-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Do you ever get a birthday party evite and you dont know who its for? As in who is invited?

I was thinking about sending out Evites for my son's 7th birthday. There are 3 kids where I have their parents email addresses, but I dont know them. And there doesnt seem to be a way to specify on the Evite who is invited. I would rather people dont bring siblings and such, because I dont want to pay for lots of extra kids.

Also we are inviting one boy who has a twin sister. I am inclined to include her, but she is the only girl that would be invited (besides my own daughter who is 9 and a 5 year old that lives right next door to us. Should I mention that to her mom (that I know, but not super well). I am wondering about this because the mom and I know a few other girls in my son's grade from sports and I am not inviting them (because DS really only wants his boy friends). So I dont want the mom mentioning it to the other moms and them wondering why their daughters werent invited. Does that make sense? Should I say something like "Girl Twin in more than welcome to come, my daughter and a girl neighbor will coming?" I just dont know! I dont feel bad keeping it to mostly boys, but I know twins can be hard to figure out what to do there.

5 year old neighbor is just coming because she plays at the house alot with DD and sometimes DS and her mom is very nice to my kids and I dont want to exclude her.

KrisM
03-10-2015, 10:46 AM
We've received a couple of evites for kid parties. One last month has DD's name on it, although it went to my email. One of a pair of twins was invited too...I just checked and evite has it listed as the one girl's name, rather than both. So, should be somewhere to put in another name?

BDKmom
03-10-2015, 10:55 AM
When you are creating an evite, there is a place to change the "name" column from the email address to an actual name. On my phone now, so can't check it to give specifics. If I am inviting one child, I change it to "John" but if I want to invite the sibling also, I would change the name to "John and Sue".

ETA: I don't think I would invite the twin sister. She would be the only girl out of a particular group and others would be left out.

khalloc
03-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Ok, I tried that and sent one to my own email but listed one of my kids names and I didnt see the name anywhere on the email. I will try again!

khalloc
03-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Ok, I figured it out. You have to open the invite to see. So thats figured out. Now what about the twins. I will put both their names on the invite I guess, but should I tell the mom there are no other girls from class invited? or just let her figure it out when she gets there?

I'm more worried that her DD will think some of her friends are going and then get there and only find boys (and my DD and neighbor who she doesnt know), or that the mom will talk to other girl's moms to see if they are going to my DS's party and then find out that they werent invited and the other people will feel bad. WWYD?

Kindra178
03-10-2015, 11:00 AM
You can list the name of the person specifically on the Evite. Also, ask the mom about the girl. One of ds1's best friends is a set of girl/boy twins. Sometimes the girl comes for playdates and parties (even with all boys only) and other times not.

BDKmom
03-10-2015, 11:07 AM
You can list the name of the person specifically on the Evite. Also, ask the mom about the girl. One of ds1's best friends is a set of girl/boy twins. Sometimes the girl comes for playdates and parties (even with all boys only) and other times not.

I edited above to say don't invite, but this is a good compromise. Talk to the mom before you send invites, explain the situation and see what she thinks.

khalloc
03-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Thanks! I will send her an email prior or just facebook her and ask.

MMMommy
03-10-2015, 11:51 AM
To avoid extra, unintended rsvps, make sure to not allow the invitee to select the number of people attending (ex: "2 adults, 3 children"). Make sure the invitee can only select yes, maybe or no.

khalloc
03-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the tip! I dont usually have a problem with people RSVPing for more. Usually its just the invited kid who shows up. But I will do that.

Any tips on how to ask the twin mother if her DD will want to come? I want to make sure it sounds like she is welcome, but at the same time say that she will be the only girl from the class. Thx!

twowhat?
03-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the tip! I dont usually have a problem with people RSVPing for more. Usually its just the invited kid who shows up. But I will do that.

Any tips on how to ask the twin mother if her DD will want to come? I want to make sure it sounds like she is welcome, but at the same time say that she will be the only girl from the class. Thx!

Maybe just say "Twin DD is more than welcome to join us, if she doesn't mind hanging out with a bunch of boys! Just let me know."