PDA

View Full Version : Have no voice -- HELP

hillview
03-10-2015, 08:06 PM
I am supposed to give a talk tomorrow for an hour -- over 500 people are planning to join via web. I have NO voice. Can barely whisper. Due to a cold I guess. I have gargled with salt water. Tea with honey. Not talking. I have about 18 hrs til show time. Any way I can be ok by then? Help??

I cancelled ALL calls for the morning. Is there a chance? Anything else I should do?

Philly Mom
03-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Get sleep. I would also take a hot shower to clean you out and drink LOTS.

ETA: Feel better and good luck!

Momit
03-10-2015, 08:14 PM
That has happened to me twice. Both times, I'd say it was more like 5 days before I could talk. Hope you have better luck.

SnuggleBuggles
03-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Ibuprofen can help sometimes.

bisous
03-10-2015, 08:26 PM
I have no experience or advice but lots of sympathy! I think if it were me I'd try to talk to a doctor and see if there is anything that can be done. Barring that, time to think of alternatives. What do heads of state or CEOs do in such circumstances? It MUST have happened before to somebody?

mom2binsd
03-10-2015, 09:20 PM
SLP here..there is no quick fix...DO NOT TALK AT ALL RIGHT NOW!!! DO NOT WHISPER EITHER!!!! I mean don't talk to the kids, your DH, anybody.

The Ibuprofen won't hurt....

Sleep, sleep, relax, stretch, neck rolls, yoga....

Lots of water, plain water is best. Avoid menthol cough drops etc....no OJ, tomato juice or acidic stuff, no COFFEE or soda with caffeine...

elbenn
03-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Would essential oils (like eucalyptus) or high humidity help? It sounds like you are doing what you can to try to get your voice back. Is there someone over you in charge of this event? Is he or she aware of this and since it's a web event, would it be possible to reschedule?