PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for completing sleep sticker chart.

bw52
03-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Dd only has 1 more night to completing her sticker chart and i sort of promised her there would be a surprise when she did. But i probably shouldn't have--i don't really know what the reward should be. I'm hoping you have some great ideas. :). Needs to be something easy i can pick up at the store tomorrow.

Here's the thing, though. We bought her the ok to wake clock about 2 weeks ago to aid in the process (even though it was much more than i wanted to spend), so i dont want another big present. BUT...if is is something that could also help her to keep sleeping in her bed, that would be SUPER HELPFUL! I let her have a sticker if she didnt climb into our bed, but she still comes in EVERY NIGHT. Most of the time it means i walk her back to her bed and tuck her in again. I dont lay down with her. But if she sleeps in her own bed by herself until the light turns green, she got a sticker. I'm hoping from here we can get to staying in her own room .All NIGHT! So she still needs to work on it.

In other words, shes only half way to where i need her to be. But this is still a big accomplishment for her.

Shes 3.

Ideas? Sorry for the novel.

Mopey
03-12-2015, 10:15 PM
My novel over in the discipline/plan help thread is longer so I personally don't mind ;) My first thought is what Mopey would love to have - we used it when she slept in a twin in a room of her own during a long weekend recently.....you could enforce a time limit if needed but it will keep her in her bed probably.......

http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Twilight-Constellation-Turtle-Classic/dp/B000BNQC58/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1426212814&sr=1-1&keywords=sleep+turtle

ETA: or this one? I love this and even remember it from when we were little: http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-Favorites-Lullaby-Gloworm-Blue/dp/B0085TY1AI/ref=pd_sim_ba_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1NE3D8CZXNV97W7A9TQT

Good luck! You are not alone in the sleep issue section! ;)

mackmama
03-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Our PT reward was a scooter.

liz
03-13-2015, 06:19 AM
Since she is still coming in every night I wouldn't buy her something "big". I would save that for when she stays in her room the whole night and I would let her know that. I would still get something since you promised her a surprise after completing the chart. For me, that would mean a small toy- maybe $5-10? We usually would have an outing planned for the big accomplishments, like a museum or zoo trip and lunch/ice cream. good luck!

klwa
03-13-2015, 06:39 AM
I know they say not to do food rewards, but I'd lean towards going out to get doughnuts or cookies or whatever you have in your area that your DD thinks of as a special treat. As PP said, I'd save anything big for when she stays in bed the whole night.

KrisM
03-13-2015, 06:41 AM
I know they say not to do food rewards, but I'd lean towards going out to get doughnuts or cookies or whatever you have in your area that your DD thinks of as a special treat. As PP said, I'd save anything big for when she stays in bed the whole night.

That's what I would do as well.

mm123
03-13-2015, 11:09 AM
We have both DDs on a sticker chart for staying in bed until the 'green light' comes on. As they get better at it, we've been increasing the number of stickers on the chart. It usually takes them a couple of weeks to fill up the chart, and we alternate rewards between a trip to Menchies and a prize. They both love crafts, so when the reward is a prize, it's usually some new craft supply from the dollar store.