PDA

View Full Version : I want another kid

Melaine
03-13-2015, 05:56 PM
I can't believe I am saying this. Is there a diagnosable explanation for this kind of crazy?

JBaxter
03-13-2015, 06:10 PM
HA HA.... I said that too. Jack is 6 now

flashy09
03-13-2015, 06:23 PM
I feel the same way, which is nuts because I can barely handle my 1 and 3 yr old!

lalasmama
03-13-2015, 06:46 PM
The baby bug hit around here... But I know why. Middle DD let us watch her (smiling, laughing, happy-go-lucky, pudgy, sleeping-through-the-night) 6mo DS this weekend. That kid makes me forget about 3am wakings and my hatred of breast pumps as soon as he coos at me, blows raspberries, belly laughs.... He's so much sweeter, more laid back, and happier than his older brothers. I swear he has some kind of baby-crack pharamones or something. It's seriously good that DH had his snip!

ang79
03-13-2015, 07:53 PM
I went through that too. Probably from the time DD2 was 1.5 to 3 or 4 years. But now that they are both in school and getting more and more independent I can't imagine going back to sleepless nights, diapers, etc.! I'm content with where we are now (ages 6 and 8). Just wish I could keep them like this, as the tween and teen years scare me!

AngB
03-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Pregnant and have already talked to my doctors about if we could have one more in a couple years. (Would be a 5th csection, but they both said yes if it goes OK this time.)

gatorsmom
03-13-2015, 08:44 PM
I can't believe I am saying this. Is there a diagnosable explanation for this kind of crazy?

You could have twins again. Remember that craziness? It is exactly those memories that prevent me from wanting to be pregnant again. I could not survive newborn twins again!

#2ontheway
03-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Me too. No way DH would agree to it, but I do. I'll get over it, right?

Reader
03-13-2015, 11:49 PM
Me, too. Desperately. Have 3. Sadly I think DH and I are too old.

Melaine
03-14-2015, 09:05 AM
I knew you guys would understand. I really don't want to be pregnant, but I have always wanted to adopt. I really can't see that happening for 3 or more years logistically. We need to move to a bigger house among other life projects. And although DH is very open to adoption, I am not sure how he truly would feel about a 4th child. financially and emotionally it doesn't make sense. And I don't feel this desperate longing that I did before DS. But I do think about it every day. Maybe it is just how I am/who I am.

kep
03-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Soooo, I got two hours of sleep last night hanging out with my 5 week old. But he's cute, so its worth it, right? I would pay a lot of money right now for a good night sleep... :)

Nooknookmom
03-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Same here. Oldest will turn 20 in sept, our long awaited 2nd will be 8 :(

So I have baby fever. I'm not getting any younger tho & it took us 11 yrs to get the 2nd! Plus my health issues...& work and well I doubt there will be a 3rd.

essnce629
03-14-2015, 01:31 PM
I desperately want a third and always have. DH refuses though and says he'll never change his mind. He actually went for a vasectomy consultation last week against my wishes and I went with him and cried through the whole thing. So yeah, I'm a mess and my miscarriage 5 months ago isn't helping since I should be 7 months pregnant right now. :(

daphne
03-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Well, in my experience, I *know* that I am done with three. Before DD2, I thought about having a baby each and every month (would calculate due date, etc...). Now, I NEVER think about it. I am DONE! My kids are 10, 7 and 2, though, so I am spread thinly with the age gap. My vote is that you just aren't done yet!

lalasmama
03-14-2015, 02:32 PM
I desperately want a third and always have. DH refuses though and says he'll never change his mind. He actually went for a vasectomy consultation last week against my wishes and I went with him and cried through the whole thing. So yeah, I'm a mess and my miscarriage 5 months ago isn't helping since I should be 7 months pregnant right now. :(

I randomly cried for weeks after DH has his. I agreed that he should have it done, as he felt very strongly that we shouldn't have kids younger than our grandkids, and we had 2 grandkids when we got married.... And with my history of infertility, not getting something permanent was going to just lead me to more and more heartache if I lost more babies. Neither of us are sure that I'd be able to recover from losing more babies.

But, it's still something that haunts me often, and I'm still not 100% okay with it. It's just not a matter where my head can overrule my heart, ya know?

Simon
03-14-2015, 04:08 PM
I felt very done after Ds3, but said I reserve the right to have a freak out/baby cravings as I get closer to the end of fertility. I had insane and intense longing after Ds2 was born. Like a pp, I thought about it daily and I also calculated every month what the EDD would be just in case I got pg. Ds3 made me feel done and I enjoy having a family that is aging (vs. feeling like I'm just waiting for the next round of infant nursing/diapers/etc). I feel only the tiniest of desires for a 4th and it passes quickly. Dh is wishy-washy on a 4th and I think he would secretly like us to have a surprise. We'll see how I feel in another 1-2 years.

flashy09
03-14-2015, 07:09 PM
I have never felt this "baby fever" before. I was REALLY nervous about having kids at all and took a leap of faith with DD1. She was amazing and I was so in love and really nervous about adding another baby and changing the dynamics. Now after DD2 I for the first time have an intense craving for another child. But I just don't know if I am really cut out for it. I am barely keeping afloat with these two - my house is a mess, I am exhausted - and the thought of overseas travel with 3 jet lagged kids with the stomach flu is pretty awful (my husband is from England and the last trip over was just a complete disaster). I am an introvert and love quiet time. But at the same time I want to experience a big family and chaos as an only child! Totally confused.

doberbrat
03-14-2015, 10:34 PM
IDK I dont think its "crazy" to want another.... seems like your family is not complete. I admire people who have large close knit families.

Me? I read your title and immediately thought 'you can have one of mine'... :( its not been a good day.

Ms B
03-15-2015, 11:30 AM
I knew you guys would understand. I really don't want to be pregnant, but I have always wanted to adopt. I really can't see that happening for 3 or more years logistically. We need to move to a bigger house among other life projects. And although DH is very open to adoption, I am not sure how he truly would feel about a 4th child. financially and emotionally it doesn't make sense. And I don't feel this desperate longing that I did before DS. But I do think about it every day. Maybe it is just how I am/who I am.
I get you. There is no world where I deal with another infant (plus pregnancy simply is not an option). FWIW, most older child adoption situations suggest a gap of at least 3 to 4 years between the child and the next youngest sibling, so you have time to make up your mind. I am starting to think that DH and I will revisit the issue when The Biscuit goes to kindy and then decide based on how we feel then.