PDA

View Full Version : Help--ovarian cyst

petesgirl
03-14-2015, 09:49 PM
So Im in the ER. Ultrasound showed an ovarian cyst but it wasn't a good view so I'm waiting to have a CAT scan done. Any btdt? Is surgery the only option?

lalasmama
03-14-2015, 10:07 PM
Depends on the cause. Often, pain killers and time are enough. It will rupture, and the relief will be quick to follow.

FWIW, we all get cysts on our ovaries most months, when the egg releases. It's what gives the potential pregnancy the needed hormones. It's called a corpus liteum (sp?) cyst. The problem usually happens when a cyst isn't reabsorbed, and grows larger, causing pain.

Any chance you have PCOS? Irregular bleeding, trouble conceiving or early losses, facial hair, trouble with your weight?

JamiMac
03-14-2015, 10:07 PM
My 13 year old DD just went through this. They said hers would dissolve. I hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megs4413
03-14-2015, 10:36 PM
I've got PCOS, so I've had plenty of cysts. Most likely, they will give you pain meds and wait for it to rupture on its own. It depends on the size and the cause of the cyst. Don't panic! Sending prayers!

BunnyBee
03-14-2015, 10:40 PM
I have no idea, but you poor thing! You must be crazy stressed. I hope you're better quickly. :hug:

MSWR0319
03-15-2015, 09:44 AM
I had one that was so bad I was walking doubled over until Monday morning (went to the dr. Sat morning but couldn't do a CT scan until first thing Monday). An hour before my CT scan, I had some horrible pain and then suddenly felt better. Turns out it was a cyst that has ruptured literally right before the scan. They could still see the fluid from the rupture on the scan. I hope it resolves for you soon, they are painful!

TwinFoxes
03-15-2015, 10:58 AM
I had an ovarian cyst that just poof, went away. It wasn't painful, but it was large. I'm so sorry you're going through this. These types of things are always nerve wracking, even if they turn out fine. :hug:

petesgirl
03-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks Ladies! Turns out it was a cyst that had already ruptured so they just sent me home with pain meds and orders to take it easy. The thing that makes me nervous is that I had one in 2012 that bled a lot and ended in emergency surgery where they drained 2 liters of blood from my abdomen and told me that 10 more mins and I would have been dead. So I will probably be a little on edge over the next few days until I feel all better!