PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE in OP -- Should I change DS' party time?

khalloc
03-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Well the party is Saturday and EVERYONE has RSVPed Yes! So now we have 12 kids (including my own 2). Glad I didnt change the party time/date and Yay for being the least Religious state in the country! I guess everything has its perks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DS is having his birthday party the day before Easter. Party was supposed to start at 11am. But I just realized our towns Egg Hunt is at 10am. The party is about a 10 minute drive from the egg hunt. Egg hunt lasts like 30 minutes. After that it's wrapping up and people are walking back to their cars, etc...

I don't want people to be late to the party or miss it for the egg hunt. Should I move to party to 11:30 or noon?

AngB
03-15-2015, 08:01 PM
Honestly either way I think that's a bad weekend to do it. Even if not doing hunts we are busy finishing up last minute stuff-dying eggs, getting presents last minute, etc. We would decline it that day anytime, its just too busy of a weekend for us.

If you really don't want to change days then I would move it to noon, at least.

khalloc
03-15-2015, 10:19 PM
Honestly either way I think that's a bad weekend to do it. Even if not doing hunts we are busy finishing up last minute stuff-dying eggs, getting presents last minute, etc. We would decline it that day anytime, its just too busy of a weekend for us.

I live in the least religious state in the country. I'm not worried about people being too busy doing Easter things.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-15-2015, 10:54 PM
i probably wouldn't change it, if it's at your house. but for me, i guess if i say 11am for a kid bday party i would already expect half of the people to show up at 11:15-11:30am regardless of holiday or not. but that is the norm around here, and most of our friends don't live nearby (30-45min drive) so i guess it is different. unless the party is planned to be very quick - like 11-12:30 or something, i probably wouldn't bother.

also, we never do much for easter, and never do the town egg hunts so i guess i woudln't automatically assume everybody would be going to it. if i was taking my DC to a bday party there would be no way i'd do an egg hunt or similar activity right before it (too much stimulation/excitement for kids/too much insanity for me)..so that wouldn't factor in for us.

KpbS
03-15-2015, 11:00 PM
I would probably keep the party time the same, but know that some may be 5-10 minutes late and plan accordingly. I think if you move it you risk people getting busy with something else or having some time on their hands to kill where it isn't really enough to go home and then come to your party, kwim?

wellyes
03-15-2015, 11:05 PM
I'd do an egg hunt as part of the party if possible.

ett
03-15-2015, 11:23 PM
I would probably keep the party time the same, but know that some may be 5-10 minutes late and plan accordingly. I think if you move it you risk people getting busy with something else or having some time on their hands to kill where it isn't really enough to go home and then come to your party, kwim?

:yeahthat: If I was planning to go to both events, I'd rather have it back to back instead of having to kill time in the middle.

ang79
03-15-2015, 11:25 PM

One of DD's classmates had a party the Sat. before Easter last year. She couldn't go, as we already had plans to be out of town visiting family. The next week we then got a note from the mom (assuming she sent it out to the whole class, as the invites were to the whole class) that they had just ended up canceling the party because so many people were busy that weekend with the holiday and couldn't come. I felt super bad for the birthday boy!

wellyes
03-15-2015, 11:39 PM
It's hard because Easter is so early this year. I have three parties the weekend before, everyone is scrambling.

klwa
03-16-2015, 06:51 AM
I'd probably move it to 11:30 or leave it at 11, and let people know you understand if they're a little late because of the Egg Hunt. You don't want to move it too far off (noon) because that would require people to go home in between the two. (In my case, I'd hate to have to go home, wait half an hour, and then head back out with little ones because who KNOWS how long it would take me to get them motivated to get out of the house again!)

khalloc
03-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Well I guess I decided to just keep it at 11. I just finished the evite and sent it out. I'll keep you posted with how it goes. We invited 10 kids. I'm hoping 8 will come.

Simon
03-16-2015, 11:21 AM
I think that 11 am is fine and agree I like the back-to-back. Maybe just acknowledge that people are welcome to come after the Egg hunt even if that means they are a little late.

khalloc
04-02-2015, 10:33 AM
bump for update