PDA

View Full Version : Complementary color to BM's Edgecomb Gray?

firstbaby
03-17-2015, 11:12 AM
We just repainted all of the hallways and our family room in Edgecomb Gray - LOVE it! The living room is right off the of the front door and is currently painted BM Cork. With the hallways in Edgecomb Gray, the Cork looks too bold and dated. I want to freshen that room up, but the curtains I have in there are too "warm" (light gold and red large check gingham) for the light gray color that Edgecomb is taking on in the hallway. I'd love to do a soft neutral with more beige than gray but still coordinate with the Edgecomb Gray. Any suggestions? Is that possible or do I (sob!) need to just go with Edgecomb Gray and take down the curtains?

BunnyBee
03-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Bleeker Beige maybe? We have it in our bedroom, and the hallway is Edgecomb.

firstbaby
03-18-2015, 08:36 AM
I will check out Bleeker Beige. From the swatch it looks a little deeper than I'm looking for, but want to see a bigger sample bc it's so hard to pick off of the chip. I also like Abingdon Putty and Muslin - anyone have those on their walls?

legaleagle
03-18-2015, 09:58 AM
You can also have colors cut 50% or 75% if you like them but want it a bit lighter. I'd check houzz for pics - they always have tons with BM colors.

basil
03-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Just throwing this out there...I have edgecomb gray in my foyer, kitchen area. I have Chelsea Gray in my dining room which is a medium warm gray. I have gold and cream curtains and a gold light fixture and it looks really nice, IMO.