PDA

View Full Version : WWYD: Disney California Adventure Options

sandwish
03-20-2015, 03:00 AM
DD is going for a school performance.

Background: We haven't gone in 5 years. We live 30 minutes away. It is on a Sunday.

How many hours should we spend there?

Option 1: Go with school/bus. Get there at 9. 3 hour performance. Meet for bus at 8. Home by 9/9:30.

Option 2: Drive on our own, parking is $17. Meet group at 9. 3 hour performance. Leave when we want, probably 9 at the latest, school next day.

For an extra hour or two, is it worth it to pay/drive? We will miss out on a few hours due to performance. We probably won't go again anytime soon. Should we try to stay as long as possible? Or will the hours we are there enough?

SnuggleBuggles
03-20-2015, 07:59 AM
I'd suck up the $17 and drive. It's so annoying to travel as a pack and if you're having fun at 8, you'll rather be in the park than waiting while people are corralled, counted, and situated. It might be a school night but if you're having a blast, maybe you'll want to stay even later too.

nfceagles
03-20-2015, 08:58 AM
I'd pay $17 just to not have to ride on a bus with a bunch of kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandwish
03-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Thanks for your opinions. I originally decided to go with the bus, so I didn't have to deal with driving, returning equipment to the car after the performance. But after reading here and speaking to my daughter, she wanted me to drive, so she can play as much as possible. A bit more hassle, but definitely less waiting around for other people. The performance is taking up quite a bit of the day, but we are still paying a lot, so we might as play as much as we can.

Tenasparkl
03-20-2015, 01:55 PM
You can get so much done in the early hours at the park before it gets too crowded. What are the park hours on the day you're going? If it opens at 8 and you can get there for rope drop then I think it would be worth it.

sandwish
03-20-2015, 02:18 PM
They are open from 8 am -10 pm, but we have to drop off our equipment at the bus, 30 mins away, at 8 am. And we get our tickets at 9 in front of CA. I'm assuming they are getting those as a group, unless we can get them when we drop off at 8. I also just learned this morning that I can't leave my car where the bus was going to be anyways, so it worked out to just drive. I know it will be more work, going back to drop off equipment, but more flexible. It will be a special day just for the two of us, so we are looking forward to maximizing the fun.

AnnieW625
03-22-2015, 10:29 AM
If you are a member of AAA and you haven't bought your tickets yet then buy them at AAA and you get your parking free.

Still-in-Shock
03-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Are there lockers to rent? That way you could drop off your equipment and not have to go back to the parking lot after the performance.