PDA

View Full Version : Best online diaper deals?

army_mom
03-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Wondering where the best deals are now for diapers? When DD was a baby, Amazon Mom was just starting out and we didn't have to pay tax for Amazon orders so it was the best deal by far. I just looked at Amazon Mom now and it says I have to be a regular prime member ($99/year) to get the 20% off for Amazon Mom. Is this still the best option? Quickly compared it to diapers.com and the case was about $8 cheaper with just the 5% subscribe and save discount. Is there anyway around the annual $99 fee or another place to get great deals? Closest Sam's is 1 hour away and Costco about 2.5 hours so neither of those are convenient options for us right now.
Thanks for any tips!

ourbabygirl
03-22-2015, 10:45 PM
I was wondering the same thing before my baby was born a couple months ago. :) So far I've only ordered one big box of size 1 Pampers Baby Dry, but I'm already a Prime member, so that part didn't bother me. I may, however, just buy Target's Up & Up brand because I think those are slightly cheaper than Pampers (even with S&S). I have a Red card, which gives a 5% discount, and there are occasionally $5 gift cards for buying 2 boxes.
Anyhow, I'll be watching this thread to see what others suggest!

schrocat
03-22-2015, 10:48 PM
We just use Target's Up and Up brand. It works out cheapest for disposable diapers and it's actually pretty good.

gymnbomb
03-23-2015, 09:44 AM
We do a combination of Amazon Mom (although it's actually my Mom's account so we don't pay the membership fee), Target either Pampers or Huggies when there are good sales/clearance/gift card offers or Up & Up brand, and sometimes CVS has really good sales if you combine with coupons -- last week I got 3 packs of Pampers swaddlers/cruisers and 2 boxes of wipes for $4.75!

NJ_Mom2011
03-24-2015, 05:33 AM
My local Target was claiming that its online site was offering "subscriptions" to diapers mailed to your home. Target was promising these subscriptions would offer 5 percent off. It sounded similar to Amazon's subscribe and save. When my daughter was a baby and I was following diaper prices, I also heard people getting good online prices with Sam's Club. I also know someone at work who is into organic products, and found the best way to get organic diapers was to have a subscription service directly with Honest Company's online site.

Update: Out of curiosity, I checked out the Sam's Club site, and at least with Pampers Baby Dry, due to a special deal, it was beating Amazon's everyday price.

Still-in-Shock
03-24-2015, 06:11 PM
I only use Pampers Swaddlers and our LO uses size 4 during the day and size 5 for nights. I found that Amazon subscribe has the best prices for these, so I have signed up for a box of each to appear once a month. Since I have to send diapers into day care, this is not as crazy as it sounds. I also signed up for the wipes for every other month.

If other brands had that magical stripe that changes colors when wet in the larger sizes, I might be able to find a better price elsewhere. And if I knew I would consistently have good coupons to use for diapers, then I would probably use those and shop locally. But for where I am right now, it is wonderful to have very well priced diapers just show up on my doorstep.

abh5e8
03-24-2015, 09:31 PM
We just use Target's Up and Up brand. It works out cheapest for disposable diapers and it's actually pretty good.
Yes. We do the same. I order the biggest boxes online, enough to get free shipping. lOVE not having to shop for diapers.

army_mom
03-25-2015, 09:01 PM
thanks for the replies. My amazon student just ended and I think I may be able to add on to my Aunt's prime but wasn't sure I could add amazon mom on to a "borrowed" membership. It seems everyone uses Up and up so we will for sure have to give them a try as we have a red card and a target nearby. I just noticed online they have their own subscribe and save an additional 5% :)

gymnbomb
03-26-2015, 05:33 AM
thanks for the replies. My amazon student just ended and I think I may be able to add on to my Aunt's prime but wasn't sure I could add amazon mom on to a "borrowed" membership. It seems everyone uses Up and up so we will for sure have to give them a try as we have a red card and a target nearby. I just noticed online they have their own subscribe and save an additional 5% :)

You cannot add it to a "borrowed" membership -- my Mom shares her membership with us and I could not add it to my account. I just added it to hers, but she had already given me her password and permission to use her account for anything.

Babymakes3
03-26-2015, 08:52 AM
You cannot add it to a "borrowed" membership -- my Mom shares her membership with us and I could not add it to my account. I just added it to hers, but she had already given me her password and permission to use her account for anything.

This is what I did as well! I haven't ordered anything thru it yet but I will soon. I was using Amazon Mom when it first came out and you could sign up for free and could keep it as long as you made xx amount of purchases a month or whatever it was.

gdubbs
03-26-2015, 02:31 PM
Up and up is great! I was resistant to trying out store brands but I was pleasantly and happily surprised.