PDA

View Full Version : Frye Veronica back zip boots $157.51

zukeypur
03-23-2015, 11:18 AM
On amazon in several sizes and colors. I have had these in my cart forever and noticed the price drop. I really want to try them because they are back zip and i have large calves, but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a winter item at the beginning of spring. I also have a pair of UGGS that look almost exactly like these, but they are pull-on.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073SDV9Y?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

3isEnough
03-23-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm only seeing the Dark Brown Antique in my size for that price, but note there's an additional 20% off with the code 20OFFSHOES (you can find the code lower down on the Amazon page). $127ish is a great price for these!

SnuggleBuggles
03-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Holy smokes! I hate back zip boots but $127 for a pair of cute Frye boots works for me. I'll deal with the back zip. :) I got the antiqued cognac. Not my first choice of colors but they should be fine.

curiousgeorge
03-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Wow. That's a great price. I didn't need them. But of course I ordered them. I will take some other boots to the resale shop if I like these!!

Thank you!!

citymama
03-23-2015, 11:06 PM
I'm in! How does sizing run?

citymama
03-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Btw, the pull-on slouch boots are $136 in black! Looks like a number of Frye boots are marked down in one color.

tarnator
03-23-2015, 11:56 PM
Good deal, but I can't possibly justify another pair of boots... :)

mmsmom
03-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Thanks OP. I bought a pair then saw the extra 20% code. Emailed Amazon & asked if I could still apply code & they took care of it. Great service! Hate buying boots when Spring is coming but I've wanted Frye's forever & this is a great price.

citymama
03-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Are the boots comfy or hard-soled? I have foot issues so still on the fence....

citymama
03-24-2015, 05:53 PM
I ordered the Veronica slouch in black for $136 (no additional 20% off) and the back-zip in cognac for $126 (w/ the 20% off) - I'll see which I like better and return the other. It's my birthday present to myself. :) Two pairs of Frye boots for the price of one - thanks OP!

ETA don't forget ebates!

zukeypur
03-24-2015, 10:13 PM
I can't decide if i want to get them or not. I bought a pair of Clarks booties with a amazon birthday gift card, but i got them and don't like them. I can use the credit from those to buy the Frye.....

citymama
03-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Free ship and returns, if you're looking for an enabler!

curiousgeorge
03-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Free ship and returns, if you're looking for an enabler!

Exactly! For this price at least try if you are on the fence. You aren't out any $$ if you don't like them.

zukeypur
03-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Im going to try to find a black boot that would fit my 14.5 inch calf in a size 7.5 or 8.0 that would look nice with a dress or skirt. My nicer black boots were trashed this year, and my black Born boots are too casual to wear with a skirt or dress. Are the Veronica back zip nice enough for a skirt?

iaam
03-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Im going to try to find a black boot that would fit my 14.5 inch calf in a size 7.5 or 8.0 that would look nice with a dress or skirt. My nicer black boots were trashed this year, and my black Born boots are too casual to wear with a skirt or dress. Are the Veronica back zip nice enough for a skirt?

I think they look great (and the price is so tempting) but I don't think they are dressy enough for skirts/dresses. I would wear them with jeans on the weekend but not to work, for example.

PAfirsttimemom
03-25-2015, 01:39 PM
So this thread had me ready to purchase because I've always wanted a pair of Frye boots, but I was reading some reviews that talked about how the quality has slipped since the company was sold some years back (the brand is now apparently owned by a Chinese company, and many of the boots are made in China and Mexico). Anyone have insights about this? Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm curious....

Mikey0709
03-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Well my thoughts on quality - - is that you are ALREADY paying 1/2 price. I didn't buy these, but i bought a pair of short veronica's off of amazon a few weeks ago. My first pair of frye boots. I really like them alot, but definitely not enough to pay full price for ($300). I definitely saw some flaws and quality control issues on mine, but again.... for the price-i was pleased.... i wasn't paying HUNDREDs on a paid - i paid a little over a $100... which i think was just fine for the quality i received.

sayma
03-25-2015, 04:00 PM
I've never bought a pair of Frye boots, but based on the reviews here and on Amazon they sound like great, sturdy boots. I'm in for one pair...tomorrow's my birthday so this is my gift to myself;)! Thanks OP!

curiousgeorge
03-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Mine came today. They were super tight across the widest part of my foot. I put my Dh's shoe trees in them. They stretched out quickly and I love them. Thanks OP!

citymama
03-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Both pairs of boots have arrived and I'm dying to try them on! Good tip about the shoe tree.

amybds
03-26-2015, 05:38 PM
I got a pair a few years back and a buckle broke after minimal wear, but of course after the warranty period. It was expensive to replace and the repair shop had to use a generic buckle, so I have one buckle that doesn't exactly match. So I will say I wasn't completely thrilled with the quality, though they're still nice boots.

So this thread had me ready to purchase because I've always wanted a pair of Frye boots, but I was reading some reviews that talked about how the quality has slipped since the company was sold some years back (the brand is now apparently owned by a Chinese company, and many of the boots are made in China and Mexico). Anyone have insights about this? Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm curious....

sayma
03-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Great idea! How long did you leave the shoe trees in for?

citymama
03-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Darn it, both pairs stiflingly tight. Not short, just too narrow at the heel. Going back.

mmsmom
03-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Darn it, both pairs stiflingly tight. Not short, just too narrow at the heel. Going back.

Mine too! I ordered my regular size (5.5) and they hurt so badly when I tried them on. I couldn't even get it zipped. I know they would stretch but no way I could make it through the break in period. Sent them back today.

zukeypur
03-27-2015, 06:39 PM
You have both helped me resist. I'm sorry they didn't work for you.

curiousgeorge
03-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Oh man! I'm sorry they were too tight. I have four other pair of Fryes (I know, but they were great deals!) and all are a size 10. That's what I ordered this time. I wore mine all day yesterday for an airplane travel day and five hours tonight and they have stretched quite a bit. I doubted I could keep the, when they first came but definitely glad I did.

citymama
03-28-2015, 11:18 PM
I have a very low tolerance for discomfort. These felt like a corset for my feet and I couldn't deal with breaking them in. Do they sell them in wides?

emily_gracesmama
03-29-2015, 03:58 PM
They hurt mine too and I got an eleven! They are already en route back to AmaZon!

Tenasparkl
03-29-2015, 05:44 PM
I returned them too. My pair smelled awful!

mjmamma
03-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the code!! I had just ordered the Frye Jane (pair #3) & CS adjusted for the 20% over chat. I purchased the extended calf, Black for $157 before 20% off. FYI I did the same thing with my dark brown pair and they are not truly extended calf. I probably have average or smaller than average calves and the extended calf type fit perfectly. This style is significantly cheaper. I hope they fit as well as my other EC pair. Hth..Thanks again!!