PDA

View Full Version : Favorite place to buy swimsuits?

BDKmom
03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
What's your favorite B&M place to buy a swimsuit (for yourself)? Budget is pretty flexible. I usually go the less expensive route and get something at Target or Kohls, but I then spend the summer feeling uncomfortable and frumpy. I'm 5' 2", 132 lbs, and am not toned in my midsection. I usually go with tankini styles or even shorts/skirts on bottom for coverage when chasing after the kids. I feel like one pieces make me look stumpy. But then I run into the issue of the top riding up and my belly sticking out. I don't want to shop online (even with free shipping and returns) unless I can return to B&M. I just want a good, quality suit that will hide my belly and I don't feel like I have to adjust all the time to stay covered.

MMMommy
03-25-2015, 12:06 PM
I like Lands End swimsuits. Well made and lots of styles to choose from. I also prefer tankinis with swim shorts or swim skirts.

You can go to their Lands End section within Sears or order online (and returnable at the store).

http://www.landsend.com/shop/womens-swimsuits/-/N-fxm?No=0&Nrpp=72&setPageSize=72

I tried this newer dresskini style and like it. I am pairing it with swim shorts underneath (need a bottom for these)--

http://www.landsend.com/shop/search?Ntt=dresskini

SnuggleBuggles
03-25-2015, 01:30 PM
I discovered this brand and cut a few years back (my print is discontinued) and I love it! http://www.zappos.com/lole-jamaica-tankini-top-rhubarb
Lole swim suits are also carried at Title Nine and REI if you want the ability to wear before committing.

I like swimsuits from Title Nine, Athleta and Lands End. I usually stock up on swim bottoms at LE late summer when super cheap then mix and match tankini tops.

citymama
03-25-2015, 01:59 PM
In my case, Athleta, hands down. I tend to buy online with free ship/returns but they have a number of B&M stores.

gymnbomb
03-25-2015, 02:56 PM
I do mix & match from Lands End. I have a few tankini tops in the same general color scheme (i.e. they all have some navy blue in them) that I pair with one of my blue bottoms -- I have bikini, swim skirt, and swim shorts styles. I actually bought the pieces over the course of 2-3 years, but I wear them all together depending on where I'm going and what I'll be doing.

I tried on a few at Sears to get a general idea of what size/styles I liked, then ordered online because the selection and price were better. I am 5'3" and 110-115 and found that I can wear a 2, 4, or 4P (this is consistent with my normal clothing sizes) in Lands End styles depending on the cut of the suit, whereas I'm a 6 or even an 8 in my suits from Kohls.

wendibird22
03-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Athleta. I'm 5'1" and 129lb. Love my Athleta tankini. It is long enough on me that I could tuck it into the swim skirt if I wanted to and have it look fine. It does stay pulled down though even if I don't do that and yet it's not too long that makes sense. I find my Athleta swim skirt much more flattering than any I've had from LE. I have the twister tankini top with a shirred band skirt.

AnnieW625
03-26-2015, 09:26 AM
I love my Athleta bikini, most expensive swimsuit I ever bought @ $99, but I love it. I also have a Boden tankini that I like, but would love it if the bottoms werent a tad too big and the next size smaller weren't too tight. I am looking at Title Nine, Athleta, and maybe Boden again this year. I want to love Lands End, but their bikini bottoms are way too low for me and emphasize my hips and thighs too much. I need a higher cut leg to balance me out better and not make my hips and thighs so obvious.

Eta: just ordered a couple of tankini sets from Boden.

wendibird22
03-26-2015, 10:55 AM
I want to love Lands End, but their bikini bottoms are way too low for me and emphasize my hips and thighs too much. I need a higher cut leg to balance me out better and not make my hips and thighs so obvious.

This is my problem too. Plus I find the leg openings so freakin tight. They dig in and create a very very deep VPL under the skirt.

almostmom
03-26-2015, 11:17 AM
I like going to Macy's or Nordstrom to see what they have (though I tend to also go to target and TJ Maxx). Last year I wanted a higher quality suit so I went through Zappos and ordered a bunch, knowing the return shipping was free. Sometimes I'd rather try bathing suits on at home... And I found a couple, I think (haven't taken them out yet) that I liked.