PDA

View Full Version : What are your go-to work pants?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
03-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Now that Gap has discontinued my all-time favorite pants (perfect trouser, the new ones are NOT the same, I should've bought multiples pairs years ago)....help, what are you wearing for work pants? I liked the Gap ones because they washed easily and had belt loops. (Loft pants don't have belt loops, sadly).

Thanks,
Jennifer

AnnieW625
03-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Ann Taylor Signature pants, and they have belt loops. I hate paying full price for them, $90 or so, but I can wash them in the washing machine, but hang dry them or throw them in the Dryel bag and then only have to take them to the dry cleaners once a month to 6 weeks, if that really. INC at Macy's also gets raves, but I had horrible wear issues with the two pairs I bought last year....they lasted 6 months. Talbots pants seem nice too, but they never fit me correctly. Pre kids I had decent luck with the Halogen brand from Nordstrom. The Limited never makes the same cut of pants each season it seems so I gave up on them too.

citymama
03-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Bookmarking! I can wear jeans to work, but when I have work meetings, I wear my BR Martin-fit straight trousers. BR has a lot of good options with belt loops: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=67595&departmentRedirect=true#department=136

aa2mama
03-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Most days I wear Express Editor pants. I never pay attention to belt loops since I never wear belts, but the pair I'm wearing today has belt loops.

sariana
03-30-2015, 05:01 PM
I second Banana Republic. Many of my work pants are BR. They have several differnt cuts to suit different personalities and body types.

PunkyBoo
03-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Most days I wear Express Editor pants. I never pay attention to belt loops since I never wear belts, but the pair I'm wearing today has belt loops.
I agree. I've worn Express pants to work almost every day for the past 3 years. They still look great and are easy care- machine wash and hang to dry. I only buy them with their coupons though.

mom2binsd
03-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Love the Exact stretch bootcut from The Limited, if you are short, the short length is perfect! They wash and wear and have the perfect amount of stretch and hold up forever!!! They are often buy one get one 50%.

twowhat?
03-31-2015, 09:43 PM
I have an old pair of trousers from j crew, and a pair of slim/straight pants from AT (don't remember the cut, and it almost doesn't matter since it's always changing). I had a pair of Sloan BR trousers in a stretchy tweed that I LOVED...and that don't fit anymore due to weight gain over the past few years.

Pants are so frustrating to me...I've spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on work pants just to have them not fit a year later - my body is changing that much, it seems. It'e either that time of the month, or whatever!

So my requirements for work pants is STRETCH. But I am also now finding that while I prefer the look of pants, I've been defaulting to dresses/leggings more and more because my lower half fluctuates so much.

MontrealMum
03-31-2015, 11:47 PM
Boden's Chelsea trouser is my current fave. Just a touch of stretch, belt loops, and pockets!

wendibird22
04-01-2015, 10:32 AM
The Limited! Either the exact stretch (I have boot cut and slim fit ankle styles and like both) or their Lexie dress pants (lexie is their curvy fit). All are machine wash and line dry. Most all of the style have belt loops which I often need because my waist is smaller than my hips and thighs.

I also have a pair of washable trousers from Eddie Bauer that I have had for YEARS and are great...wash, line dry, no iron.

theriviera
04-01-2015, 09:13 PM
I was just talking about this with my sister. I wear jeans to work but she swears by the BR sloan fit.

baymom
04-01-2015, 10:12 PM
I can (and often do) wear jeans to work, but my go-to work pants are the Express Editor pants. I'm an apple shape and find them to be very flattering for this body type.

wendibird22
04-02-2015, 10:48 AM
The Limited has 50% off full price items today making most of their pants under $40.