PDA

View Full Version : Are the memory makers worth it?

HIU8
04-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Disney keeps advertising a discount on their memory maker if you sign up prior to your trip. Has anyone ordered one? We are not taking our good camera with us, just our cell phones. Trying to figure out if it is worth the $169 they want for it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisM
04-01-2015, 04:41 PM
We got it last year, and preordered. I am glad that we did - it was fun to get the ride pictures and pictures of us all. If we went again soon, I would skip it, but I thought it was nice for a one time trip.

acmom
04-01-2015, 08:45 PM
We do it and have always been really happy with the family pics we get. Its also nice to get the character and ride pics. I make a photo book each family trip which the kids love looking through at home so it has been worth it for us.

ETA: We have preordered each time as it is nice to get the discount.

klwa
04-02-2015, 07:36 AM
We've gotten it (or Photopass, which is what is was before) for our last 3 trips. We love it! It's not for everyone, but I liked being able to be in the moment at character meet & greets without worrying about documenting the whole thing with my camera. (I always try to take at least one picture with my own camera, though. Just in case.) Our last trip they had just added the ride photos and the character meal pictures, which made it that much more worth it for us.

belovedgandp
04-02-2015, 03:27 PM
We thoroughly enjoyed when we went earlier this year. We were there for a full week and with extended family so the number of pictures plus having the entire group together really justified the cost.

When we went over 7 years ago I only had two pictures of our family together from the entire trip. I'm just not good about having others take our picture. I love having full group shots.

HIU8
04-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Ok, so I just signed up for it. Then I got all the information that you need to know about how to use it went to download photos etc. I'm extremely an incredibly confused. Can anyone walk me through it step-by-step so I don't waste my time on there and Missy opportunity to get some photos.

mommytotwo
04-05-2015, 11:00 PM
We did. The ride pictures and videos were nice and it was great not having to carry around a separate camera. (Our phone camera doesn't take very good photos.) We always make a photo book and/or use the photos for holiday cards though.

klwa
04-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Once it's linked to your account, all you need to do is scan your band/ticket once they finish taking your pictures. Those will show up automatically through a link with MDE. Make sure all family members/friends going down at the same time are linked as family on your account so their pictures will show up as well. If you get any cards (Enchanted Tales with Belle gives out cards with all shots taken at your time rather than scanning magic bands/tickets), you'll need to enter those manually in the memory maker area. Then, you'll edit them etc. And then you'll download them. They break the pictures up into smaller groups (maybe 50?) of pictures, and you'll download each set. It's a lot easier than their write up makes it seem!

HIU8
04-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Any idea why I can't get memory maker on the app on my phone? I see it when I log into my Disney experience on my computer, but the my Disney experience app simply won't show it no matter how many times a refresh logout and log back in etc.