PDA

View Full Version : Birkenstocks - Birko-Flor vs Oilied Leather?

khalloc
04-02-2015, 11:09 AM
I've had 2 pairs of Birkenstock Arizona sandals. One was made of suede and the other was oiled leather.

I want to get a pair of Mayari sandals and they have alot that are made with Birko-Flor uppers. And a few that are Oiled Leather. The price difference is $25 or so. But the Birko-Flor come in a much wider range of color choices.

So I'm wondering if people are happy with the BirkoFlor? Or do you wish you stuck with the leather?

Thanks!

JElaineB
04-02-2015, 11:12 AM
I actually prefer Birko-Flor. I have a number of pairs. If you find a pair in Birko-Flor you like, go for it.

Neatfreak
04-02-2015, 01:03 PM
I actually prefer Birko-Flor. I have a number of pairs. If you find a pair in Birko-Flor you like, go for it.

I agree. The Birko-Flor is very comfortable, and the patterns/colour are sure fun. My oiled leather pair of Birks are so boring in comparison :)

stinkyfeet
04-02-2015, 03:02 PM
I have two pairs of the Birko-Flor mayaris (they are so comfortable!), and I never regret not purchasing the oiled leather version.

robinsmommy
04-02-2015, 09:46 PM
I have to say that conversely, I ordered a pair of really pretty embossed metallic leather Birki's from STP, and sent them back - the leather was horribly, uncomfortably stiff and rough. I may try a pair of the Birko-Flors, if I can find one. I do really recommend the soft footbed if you can find them in the style you want, if you haven't tried them already. No break-in period, and very, very comfy.

Nooknookmom
04-03-2015, 01:32 AM
I can't believe there are back "in" I know they never left but I much prefer Mephistos - softer footbed, very well made wear in great!

WatchingThemGrow
04-03-2015, 07:37 AM
I've only ever had the mayari Burko-flor and find them great. I've been through 3 pairs as they have been my main summer shoes for 5 years. I don't know the oiled ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
04-03-2015, 08:51 AM
I had a pair of navy leather Ibizas in high school and college, then a pair of black suede Arizonas in college to early 30s (although I really stopped wearing them regularly around 2002, so I was 25) and now have the pewter Birkoflor Grenadas (bought them in 2012) and I was honestly surprised how much I like them. I like that the footbed is all leather though.

Eta: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?435969-Update-27-If-you-don-t-wear-Birkenstocks-what-are-your-fave-non-flip-flop-sandals&highlight=Birkenstock

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?435801-for-fun-do-you-wear-Birkenstocks&highlight=Birkenstock

Wonder if it is time for a new poll.,;)

JElaineB
04-03-2015, 02:00 PM
I have to say that conversely, I ordered a pair of really pretty embossed metallic leather Birki's from STP, and sent them back - the leather was horribly, uncomfortably stiff and rough. I may try a pair of the Birko-Flors, if I can find one. I do really recommend the soft footbed if you can find them in the style you want, if you haven't tried them already. No break-in period, and very, very comfy.

I can't believe there are back "in" I know they never left but I much prefer Mephistos - softer footbed, very well made wear in great!

For me, I don't like the soft footbeds at all. One of the things I like about Birkenstocks is the firm footbed support. I avoid the soft footbed styles - they are too squishy for me.