PDA

View Full Version : Another memory makers question

musicalgrl
04-02-2015, 04:38 PM
We are traveling with another family and would be interested in possibly sharing a memory makers package. Is that possible? I think their kids have magic bands but the parents do not. And my family does not. So could we collect all of the photo ticket cards as the pictures are taken and upload them together at the end of our trip? Even if the expense is shared, it's still a lot of money and I don't want to steer anybody in the wrong direction or suggest something that I shouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klwa
04-07-2015, 12:55 PM
I've only used it with Magic Bands since those came out, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I think you need to have all of you linked on the MyDisneyExperience site, with tickets linked to each account. (You can send basically a friend request to the other family if you know what email address their account is under.) It seems like there's a choice once you're all friended (or whatever they call it) that allows them to add & view pictures on your account, so you'll want to check that. Once that's done, you can have the pictures saved directly using your tickets in whatever form they are: magic bands or RFID tickets. If you do end up with any cards (the Belle thing is one place they just hand you cards rather than scanning a band), you add them into the account manually once you get in. Then, whoever is in charge of the Memory Maker account would handle the downloads.

ETA: they do still have memory maker cards at other locations, it's just easier to have them on your tickets because that way they show up automatically without you having to enter all the numbers.

musicalgrl
04-07-2015, 03:27 PM
thank you! Since the time I posted I have found information on Disney boards about this topic, but I still think it's a little confusing :) I'm on the fence about whether to get it or not.

MSWR0319
04-07-2015, 07:42 PM
I think you can just get one card and use it all trip. You don't need to collect numerous cards from each photographer if you don't want. So if more than one person has a card, then just load them all into your account. You can all just log into the account then to view/edit.

I LOVE photopass, but my kids are little and are very into character meetings. We had over 800 pictures from our 7 day trip in January. I love how the photographers capture moments I would have missed, plus I don't have to mess with my phone while I"m holding autography books, pens, etc. We had some great family pictures.

KrisM
04-07-2015, 08:09 PM
We had magic bands, but did get 1 card for Tales with Belle. It was easy to add that to the Memory Maker. I imagine you could get a card and the other family could and you would just enter both numbers on one account.

Hemlock
04-07-2015, 08:47 PM
I've only used it with Magic Bands since those came out, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I think you need to have all of you linked on the MyDisneyExperience site, with tickets linked to each account. (You can send basically a friend request to the other family if you know what email address their account is under.) It seems like there's a choice once you're all friended (or whatever they call it) that allows them to add & view pictures on your account, so you'll want to check that. Once that's done, you can have the pictures saved directly using your tickets in whatever form they are: magic bands or RFID tickets. If you do end up with any cards (the Belle thing is one place they just hand you cards rather than scanning a band), you add them into the account manually once you get in. Then, whoever is in charge of the Memory Maker account would handle the downloads.

ETA: they do still have memory maker cards at other locations, it's just easier to have them on your tickets because that way they show up automatically without you having to enter all the numbers.

:yeahthat: We just returned from a Disney vacation and we shared the memory maker with 2 other families. I love memory maker, the ride photos/videos are amazing.