PDA

View Full Version : recs for well fitted Jeans

DualvansMommy
04-04-2015, 11:06 AM
guess you're hearing lots from me on this thread! :love-retry:

i'm in the process of losing weight, lost 18 so far and seem to be in between sizes or am not finding well fitted pairs.

i used to wear my Banana republic brand but now the crotch hangs down on me. It just makes me look very baggy and i can't size up otherwise i just look very strange all over.

any true and tried brands for a pear shape body? i prefer boot cut style for now and not the slimming/fitted jeans until i lose more pounds.

ray7694
04-04-2015, 03:19 PM
I find I need to try on. Do you have a large department store?

SnuggleBuggles
04-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Yep, you just need to try them on. Lots and lots of jeans.

twowhat?
04-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Yes, try on! But since my guess is you don't want to break the bank, I've been REALLY happy with the denim options at Costco for the price, and they have a variety of styles in tried-and-true brands (CK, Lucky, etc) for $30 or less. I've mostly seen straight-leg or skinny these days, but I wouldn't discount straight-leg! And with the awesome return policy...

gymnbomb
04-04-2015, 08:56 PM
I had to try on a ton, but after trying on pretty much every brand at Dillard's and not liking any of them, my favorites ended up being Gap curvy boot and the equivalent cut from Target (which of course seemed to have disappeared when I went back for another pair...).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
04-05-2015, 09:09 AM
I am really loving my Eddie Bauer curvy boot cut jeans w/stay shape so I just ordered a few more pairs of curvy straight w/stay shape, and some of their cropped jeans. I have also had luck with Lucky Brand, and the Gap, but I agree with the others you just need to keep trying jeans on and find something that works for you.

pastrygirl
04-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Congrats on the weight loss!

I love the DKNY jeans I've found at TJMaxx. They also seem to have plenty at Macy's. The styles I have are Soho Skinny and Soho boot. I have to go down one size in some of the denim shades to get the best fit.

MMMommy
04-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I have the same problem with every pair of jeans that I own. Even if they feel super tight when I first buy them, eventually, they stretch and the crotch seems to sag. I find myself having to constantly pull my waist up when I wear my jeans. I feel like Joe's Jeans were the worst offender for the sagging. My fav's are prob Paige Premium jeans, which seem to have sagged the least in the crotch.

calebsmama03
04-16-2015, 05:18 PM
This is going to sound odd, but Express! Seriously. I never thought to try there but after that "Gap mom jeans" blog that was viral a year or 2 ago I finally went to try them. Wow. The Rerocks are fab but I think they're phasing out because they are impossible to find. What I love most is that they are stretchy. Like seriously stretchy, feel almost as comfy as leggings, and they bounce right back to shape so you're not walking around with baggy butt after a bit of sitting. They do relax a bit with wear, so if you prefer a fitted look buy them a bit tight. Their vanity sizing is similar to Gap and BR so probably buy the same size but def try on if you can get to a store. There were a few pairs that were not as stretchy but most are. Because it's a store geared to the 18-25 crowd you'll have to wade through some seriously acid wash and destroyed stuff (not to mention dealing with ridiculously loud music!) but the pay off is SO worth it. I love that they have a variety of rises and leg styles. The skyscraper are a nice narrow straight leg that make your legs look a mile long without being "skinny" jeans. And the skinny fit isn't a try skinny either. I have 3 pairs and keep waiting for a killer sale to go buy a bunch more in case they every change them. Even without a sale, most styles are around $80-90 and then they usually are running a B1G1 for $29 deal so they average out to around $60 if you buy 2. Since I stay at home I do not have the budget to spend $200 on a pair of jeans for me. I wear jeans 4-5x/week and they'd wear out too fast. These are just perfect. Can you tell I LOOOVE them?

robinsmommy
04-16-2015, 06:03 PM
If you have a fabulous, well-run thrift store (maybe you have a thrifty friend who knows the good ones?), I would consider going there. You can try on many, many brands and see what works. I don't always find my favorite brand/style (I'm short, so need the petite length which is way more limiting - I won't mess with hemming), but you would be surprised what you can find. I see 7 for all Mankind, Loft, Gap, Lucky, etc. regularly. Even if you don't find your perfect pair there - you need to check carefully for wear/stains - you may well end up knowing which store or 2 to go look at, rather than having to try jeans at the entire mall.

My favorite for a curvy, short mama are Loft Curvy Fit Petites. I've had some luck with Gap Curvy, though they tend to be too loose in the waist still, and Eddie Bauer Curvy (also still big in the waist), though EB's vanity sizing is ridiculous these days - I need at least a full size smaller than any other brand.

rlu
04-16-2015, 06:56 PM
If you have a fabulous, well-run thrift store (maybe you have a thrifty friend who knows the good ones?), I would consider going there. You can try on many, many brands and see what works. I don't always find my favorite brand/style (I'm short, so need the petite length which is way more limiting - I won't mess with hemming), but you would be surprised what you can find. I see 7 for all Mankind, Loft, Gap, Lucky, etc. regularly. Even if you don't find your perfect pair there - you need to check carefully for wear/stains - you may well end up knowing which store or 2 to go look at, rather than having to try jeans at the entire mall.

I did this and found Old Navy & Ann Taylor Loft jeans fit ok (I tried on flirt but once I got to ON found sweetheart fit me best for now). Not great but I'm not spending $60 for a pair of jeans when my size keeps changing.

mom2binsd
04-16-2015, 10:19 PM
My favorite jeans right now are bootcut american eagle, and Hudson jeans that I got at a consignment store... They are not super low rise, but o lobe how slimming they are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

liz
04-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Rock&Republic jeans I bought at Kohls. I got their skinny jean-I'll look up the name if you're interested. I know you said you don't want skinny jeans right now, but I am pear shaped too and I really like how they fit. They aren't super tight at the ankles, they are probably between a skinny and straight fit. Best part is they are super comfortable! I am planning on buying more.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

pinay
04-17-2015, 05:53 PM
I like my Lucky jeans, those are my go-tos along with a pair from Banana Republic. I've also had good luck with some styles of Old Navy jeans.

wendibird22
04-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Lucky Sofia bootcut. Love them. I'm about a size smaller in my waist than my hips/butt and these fit me great.

Melaine
04-17-2015, 08:37 PM
NYDJ! By far my favorite fit in jeans and they don't lose their shape and start sagging. My last couple pair were from Nord. Rack and were only about $20.