PDA

View Full Version : Magic bands worth it if staying off site?

KrystalS
04-07-2015, 04:46 PM
I can't decide if I should fork over the money to get the Magic bands, maybe even just for the kids? I don't know if they will care anything about them or if it will be easier than having paper tickets. I think I'm going to get the memory maker also since I've read so many good things here. There will probably be a lot of times DH and DD do certain rides while DS and I do something else, will it be easier for them to have magic bands?

scrooks
05-10-2015, 03:20 PM
I am bumping this because I am curious too.... What do others do that stay off site?

KrystalS
05-10-2015, 03:44 PM
We are going in a couple of weeks and decided to get magic bands. We are going to buy them there because they have designs and the ones at the Disney store are just solid colors. The decided factor for me was the convenience of being able to use the memory maker with the bands. If we didn't care about the ride videos then I wouldn't bother with the bands, it's no different than using the ticket card. We might just get the kids one and not me or DH. I'll post after our trip if we thought the bands were worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kristenk
05-10-2015, 03:47 PM
How much are the magic bands if you're staying off site?

We had magic bands and they were great! Having those as a room key + credit card + park ticket made it so easy to get to the park. Photopass photographers would scan the magic band after they took pictures. We didn't know that ride pictures automatically went on our magic bands. If you're planning on getting memory maker and riding lots of rides that take your pictures, I think having a magic band might be worth it. (Depending on cost, of course!)

KrystalS
05-10-2015, 05:13 PM
They are around $13 I think. I do wish you could load a credit card if you aren't stay on site. It would really make things easier.

carolinamama
08-16-2015, 08:27 AM
I am bumping up this discussion - OP did you get the Magic bands? I am trying to decide if we want them while staying offsite. Seems like a more convenient way to keep track of fastpass+ for the kids plus parents. Just curious if you thought they were worth it after all. Thanks.

KrystalS
08-16-2015, 11:20 PM
Yes we got them and it was definitely worth it! It's so much easier for park entry and fastpass+. We didn't have them our first day and it was such a hassle that I went in a gift shop and bought them for all of us. I was worried I was going to lose our tickets(card) pulling them out everytime for fastpass. You could always get a neck pouch but I think the Magic Bands are worth it. My kids still play with them at home!

erosenst
08-17-2015, 11:01 AM
We stayed offsite and didn't get them last year. I gave in to DH and DD this year and we got them. They were very very convenient to have.

carolinamama
08-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Thank you for your responses. SOLD! I thought it would be a big convenience not having to keep up with 5 cards etc but I needed a little push to make sure. Thanks again.