PDA

View Full Version : Teva Olowahu?

ang79
04-09-2015, 08:42 AM
Found a pair of these at Ross for $10 the other day and grabbed them. They were very comfy for the few minutes I tried them on in the store, but when I got home and tried to wear them around the house to really test them out, the straps were tight, especially over my pinky toes on both feet. I got my normal size 7 and they seem to fit fine length wise. Do the straps soften up and stretch out after some use? Also, how are they for lasting? I love wearing flip flops with my jersey roll over skirts from ON in the summer (as well as w/ shorts or capris). If I know I'm going to be doing lots of walking I opt for sandals with more support. My ON flip flops just aren't cutting it anymore and leave my feet hurting after wearing for anything other than going to the pool (I hate getting old!). Was hoping the Teva's would be a bit dressier than regular flip flops and comfy enough to wear out and about. But some reviews on Amazon say that they don't last long (the foam bedding flattens out quickly, tread wears quickly, become smelly from use, etc.) and also that they leave your feet black. They seem to be a big favorite here though, so I wanted to input from you ladies :)

SnuggleBuggles
04-09-2015, 08:55 AM
They have to be a heck of a lot better than ON flip flops even when they do wear down. :)
I got a pair of the Tevas last summer in brown. Normal size and they are fine. They do loosen up a bit in the straps.
I wear them with ON fold over skirts, sundresses... They served me well last summer. I think I'll need a new pair sometime this summer due to the flattening. But, even less dense they are still good; better than the Banana Republic Mazzey metallic flip flop I loved for years.
Eta- my pair is brown but my foot hasn't gotten colored from them.

zukeypur
04-09-2015, 10:52 AM
I was just coming on to post a similar question. I am looking for a teva or birkenstock type sandal (yes, i know those are two very different sandals) for summertime to wear with skirts, dresses, shorts, etc when i will be doing lots of walking.
Can someone pretty please post links to shoes that have worked for you?