PDA

View Full Version : bus vs boat vs monorail?

abh5e8
04-09-2015, 01:06 PM
So I think dh and I have pretty much decided we want to stay near magic kingdom. I'm leaning towards Wilderness, but dh would prefer the monorail. Anyone stayed at Wilderness, and able to comment on how slow/fast the boat is? I think the kids would like it, but also would prefer something quick. Contemporary is also a thought, and I think it is walking access to MK, correct? Would love to hear any thoughts or experiences with this. (FWIW, kids are all pretty young, so would like to have the option of going back for naps. not sure we will even go to epcot or MGM, but maybe a day at AK. they love MK.)

keh602
04-09-2015, 01:40 PM
We've stayed at AKL, so buses everywhere, and our last two stays have been at Bay Lake Tower (Contemporary). I love love love being able to walk back from MK. LOVE it. The monorail access is also fantastic! Easy trips to MK and EP. If you want the boat experience, you could always take a boat to Wilderness for a meal or take a boat between Epcot and Hollywood Studios (should you decide to visit them). But yes, the walk between the Contemporary and MK is about 10 min. Traveling with a double stroller, we really appreciate not having to deal with ANY other form of transportation on some days.

abh5e8
04-09-2015, 02:07 PM
thank you for the input! i'm thinking along the same lines...the walk from BLT would be really nice. (we will have a double stroller). and the monorail access as well. just bummed the studio will only hold 4 (we need 5). although i'm sure we would appreciate the space and kitchen and laundry of a 1 bedroom. so many choices!!

keh602
04-09-2015, 02:21 PM
At the end of the night when the monorail and bus lines are really long, it's SO nice to be able to bypass all that and just walk back to the resort. If you can swing a 1 bedroom, I would definitely do that! The privacy of the separate bedroom, the extra bathroom, the laundry, the kitchen... it's fantastic. The stroller fits perfectly just inside the door, too. ;)

Cam&Clay
04-09-2015, 05:15 PM
We only stay at the Wilderness Lodge and love the boat! We've never had to wait long for it and since most of our time is spent at MK, it makes sense. The buses from there are reasonable.

Sometimes, though, we'll take the boat to MK and then take a bus somewhere else, like to have lunch at AKL.