PDA

View Full Version : Poly vs Art of Animation

jgenie
04-09-2015, 01:37 PM
We stayed at Art of Animation when we went to WDW a couple of years ago. I was hoping to go back this summer and was considering staying at the Poly. Any thoughts on one over the other? We will spend two days at MK, a day at AK, a day at Hollywood Studios,a day at LegoLand, I'm not sure if we'll go back to Epcot. We plan to rely on the buses or monorail. Is the Poly in walking distance to MK? TIA

keh602
04-09-2015, 02:01 PM
I can't answer all of your questions because I haven't stayed at either resort (though I would love to stay at both of them!), but the Poly is not within walking distance of the MK. However, it is two monorail stops away from MK (and the third stop going back to the resort).

123LuckyMom
04-09-2015, 09:19 PM
If you stay in the Tahiti house of the Poly, you are steps from the transportation and ticketing center, the hub of Disney transportation. It is one stop to MK on the monorail or by boat, which is also there, and also one stop to EPCOT, I think. The buses to AK and DHS are also there. I, personally, think it's the best resort for transportation, though I know lots of people like to be able to walk to MK from the Contemporary. It's very expensive to stay at the Poly, though. It's probably more than double what you'd spend at Art of Animation.

m4nash
04-09-2015, 10:29 PM
We've stayed at both. I think the buses are more efficient from Art of Animation since they do not share with any other resorts. However I really loved the convenience of the monorail/boat to MK from the Poly as well as the ability to walk to the TTC. The price difference between a family suite at AOA and a standard room at the Poly was small during winter specials the last couple times we went. I'm not sure if that's the case with the summer specials. Both hotels had nice rooms. It was kind of nice to have two bathrooms and a separate sleeping area from the kids at AOA. However, I find that we all get worn out at Disney and stay out late, so we tend to go to sleep at the same time as the kids. My kids and DH liked the theming at AOA better, while I prefer the Poly. (That said, DH spends a good chunk of the year in Hawaii for work, so Polynesian theming isn't that exciting for him.) I think the pool at the Poly is probably nicer, but we go in the winter and don't use the pools. When we stayed at the Poly we ended up with a free upgrade to club level which was super nice, but I wouldn't have paid extra for it.

Indianamom2
04-10-2015, 10:35 AM
I haven't stayed at AoA, but hands down, the Polynesian is what I would choose. Love the location, theming and ease of transportation.