PDA

View Full Version : Spring/summer shoes during pregnancy

AngB
04-18-2015, 12:05 AM
I'm only 20 wks and it's only April but I managed to tweak my ankle wearing flip flops (non medical DH has diagnosed it as a sprain, not sure it's even that serious, it's just tender and sore to flex my foot and walk.)

Anyway, obviously I definitely need something with more support to keep up with my almost 4 and 2 yo's, but my feet usually get pretty bad in pregnancy and I've never had a summer due date even so I'm sure my feet will get really bad with the heat. (And I actually switched from tennis shoes to flip flops b/c I didn't like how swollen they were already getting just from socks and shoes.)

So I'm thinking something as supportive as possible but without being too strappy. I would prefer as cheap as possible because I don't know that I will make it through the summer without needing to size up. SAHM so super casual.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Mommy_Mea
04-18-2015, 05:45 AM
I had to wear DH's Tevas when I was pregnant with DS1 because my feet were so swollen. I could adjust the straps super loose and it provided support. Not very stylish though :) I was able to cram my feet into ballet flats for work, but just took them off a lot.

Maybe if you can find a dressier leather sandal like Tevas with the adjustable straps, that could work?

acmom
04-18-2015, 08:11 AM
I had 2 summer babies and wore some of the different croc sandals. (Not traditional croc clogs but some of the sandals with straps). They straps stretch a little and their footbed was decently supportive. My kinds are discontinued but they have lots of similar choices on their website.

BunnyBee
04-18-2015, 08:52 AM
I wear supportive flip flops like Orthaheels. Crocs (out-swollen mine so stole DH's!) were my desperation baby is two weeks late in hell hot heat and humidity shoes, but I was past being able to chase anyone!