PDA

View Full Version : Pullover bras? S/o from racerback bra thread

NCGrandma
04-20-2015, 03:24 PM
I'm just 5 days post surgery to repair a broken wrist, and facing a long recovery. But I'm already trying to figure out clothes that will be easy to deal with. Some are easy -- stretchy knit pants with elastic waist. But I'm baffled about bras. I wear 38DD/40D, definitely no underwire. The racerback bra thread introduced me to sports bras with no fasteners.

Any BTDT? Other suggestions? It will be a very long time before a back fastener bra will be manageable without help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robinsmommy
04-20-2015, 06:36 PM
What about looking for front closures? Can you hold one side with your bad hand while your good one fastens it up? I don't know if a pull on would be "easy".

If your insurance is paying for any kind of physical therapy, if there is occupational physical therapy they could probably help you figure something out - they help you deal with the "everyday life kind of issues" while you are recovering.

I'd also take a look at, um, catalogues aimed at older people with limited mobility. If you can get past the idea of it, they probably have lots of stuff that would be useful as you recover.

pastrygirl
04-20-2015, 11:19 PM
When I couldn't wear my usual bras, I found some very snug tank tops/camisoles that worked. I tried several brands and put my regular shirt over, just to make sure it "worked" like a bra. I'm not at home now, but I'm pretty sure they are Jones New York from Macy's.

BUT. I find putting them on, as well as sports bras, an uncomfortable process. There's a lot of contorting.

NCGrandma
04-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestions -- keep them coming! Yes, I will have both PT and OT once the wrist heals a bit more and I'm sure they'll have lots of ideas. And, robinsmommy, I have no qualms about the catalogues. After all, I AM an older person with (temporarily) limited mobility! Whatever works.

acmom
04-21-2015, 12:27 PM
What about the "genie bra"? I got a pack at target, Amazon has them too. I used them as more comfy sport bras. I'll try to link when I get home.

NCGrandma
04-21-2015, 01:44 PM
What about the "genie bra"? I got a pack at target, Amazon has them too. I used them as more comfy sport bras. I'll try to link when I get home.

Hmmm ... interesting possibility. Now if it just came with an optional genie to help put it on...

acmom
04-21-2015, 05:14 PM
Hmmm ... interesting possibility. Now if it just came with an optional genie to help put it on...

Haha! :) Here is the link in case you didn't find them (they come in lots of colors and 2 and 3 packs)...

http://www.amazon.com/Genie-Bra-Comfort-Revolution-Wirefree/dp/B00NC2JVTY/ref=pd_sim_a_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=02YJR2ZSDZ34P9HF6EVF

I find them to be softer, stretchier material than sports bras which is why I like them for low impact sports and hanging around the house. I think the type of material and no fastener style would help in your situation. I find I feel like I am wrestling myself into a sports bra whereas these pop on much easier.