PDA

View Full Version : poly resort??

DualvansMommy
04-22-2015, 01:00 AM
help me if i'm correct in my memory that the poly resort at WDW is under construction? if it is under reno, does anyone know when it is expected to be completed??

i'm thinking of going there with my family over this thanksgiving break later this year.

rkold
04-22-2015, 10:29 AM
We're staying at the Poly in October and we received notice that there is still going to be work done. I can see if I've not recycled the paper yet

The majority of the work has been finished now. The new DVC units are up and operational (we're staying there in October) the Lobby refurbishment was completed sometime before mid-February (when we ate at Kona Cafe in January or December it was loud and unpleasant because of construction but in February the Kona Cafe was tranquil and beautiful again.) I believe the main pool is up and functional now.

In our notice, they said work on the smaller quiet pool was the work that would be ongoing during our stay.

DualvansMommy
04-22-2015, 10:38 AM
We're staying at the Poly in October and we received notice that there is still going to be work done. I can see if I've not recycled the paper yet

The majority of the work has been finished now. The new DVC units are up and operational (we're staying there in October) the Lobby refurbishment was completed sometime before mid-February (when we ate at Kona Cafe in January or December it was loud and unpleasant because of construction but in February the Kona Cafe was tranquil and beautiful again.) I believe the main pool is up and functional now.

In our notice, they said work on the smaller quiet pool was the work that would be ongoing during our stay.

Thanks! it's helpful to know this kind of info. According to the infomation I've been looking into Poly, it seems to me they have two pools. The main pool is up and functional, would that be the lava pool? and the quieter pool is the other pool?

rkold
04-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks! it's helpful to know this kind of info. According to the infomation I've been looking into Poly, it seems to me they have two pools. The main pool is up and functional, would that be the lava pool? and the quieter pool is the other pool?

Yes the Lava pool is the big main pool and was down for a long long long time. I know it was down when we were at the VGF in Oct 2014 and was still down in Feb 2015, but I believe it just re-opened at the start of April. I was told by DVC cast members that one of the big changes for the Lava pool was it finally got a hot tub. (One of the largest on property and an infinity one to boot.)

The quiet pool is well very quiet, it was a small non-descript round pool, so hopefully they are making it much nicer. I know when we were in WDW in Feb 2015 the Poly was looking very much improved from Dec and was a lot less noisy and unpleasant. (We own at the VGF, so we tend to stay there now and walk to the Poly for Lilo's Playhouse Kid's Club and because we like the Kona Cafe. It serves a really pleasant breakfast and nice lunch.) I was told by people staying at the Poly they were given free water park passes when the Lava Pool was down and would also visit the GF Pools, since it a pleasant walk between the two resorts.

Mommaof3
04-22-2015, 03:47 PM
My friend who planned our Disney trip is there now and the pool is open! We stayed at the Poly last year, it is awesome!

lyt202
04-22-2015, 10:01 PM
We just got back from staying at the Poly and the main/lava pool with slide was up and running and lots of fun. The kids splash area with smaller slides just opened this week after we left. We stayed on the side of the resort away from the east pool but there was definitely plenty of construction going on. We heard construction on our building or nearby most afternoons when we were resting at the resort and there were workers adding scaffolding to the main building every day. Not sure what they are doing there. I liked the poly but would not pay full price given all the construction right now.