PDA

View Full Version : How good is a professional carpet deep cleaning?

stinkyfeet
04-22-2015, 09:32 AM
We already tried a home Bissell carpet cleaner, and we weren't terribly impressed.

Have you been satisfied with your professional carpet deep clean?

We might be selling our house soon and need it to show well. We don't have any pets/pet stains. It is mostly spills, baby playing with the lotion on the carpet and attracting dirt, baby drawing on the carpet with a pencil, etc...

Thx!
[emoji4]

SnuggleBuggles
04-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Worth the $, ime.

mikala
04-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Yeah, definitely worth it for us as well. There are always tons of coupons available so it isn't too $$ and it's a heckuva lot cheaper than new carpet or buyers bidding low because the house seems dingy.

american_mama
04-22-2015, 11:54 AM
I've only done it once, but I was very impressed. The cleaners got out what appeared to be a large bleach stain from renter's spilling something and trying badly to clean it up. I don't know how you can get a bleach stain OUT, but the stain was lighter than the carpet, and they got it out.

My parent's have had it done a few times on an old, light gray carpet. It always looked better afterwards.

niccig
04-22-2015, 12:54 PM
I've found a guy that does wonders on our old-pet stained carpet. He also does the microfiber couch and got out all the water stains. This thread reminds me I need to call him again.

mackmama
04-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Fairly good. We've used them a few times. Did not get out coffee stains or some pet accident stains. Did get out everyday dirt from shoes, etc. I think it's important to do before selling. We also requested super green and nontoxic cleaning which might be why it wasn't as effective.

stinkyfeet
04-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Thank you for all of the responses! I'm glad to hear that pro deep carpet cleaning was effective. [emoji106]

khm
04-22-2015, 11:31 PM
Thank you for all of the responses! I'm glad to hear that pro deep carpet cleaning was effective. [emoji106]

Ask around for recommendations. Do you know any realtors? Our realtor gave us the name of a guy who worked wonders! For whatever reason, my husband DIDN'T use him last time and I wasn't impressed. He called Zerorez (I think he heard one too many of their commercials), and I was not impressed at all.

westwoodmom04
04-23-2015, 08:17 AM
I think you need to do research to get a good one. We have used several and I've never been impressed.

twowhat?
04-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Yes, we used a company that uses a Roto-vac which I chose because it uses just hot water (with all the pumps/stuff in the truck outside, running a hose to the machine inside. They sprayed the carpet with a cleaning solution first, then ran the Roto-vac over it which uses hot water to rinse. The carpets didn't dry crunchy and they looked like new...it even got some grease spots up off of the carpet in the hallway near the garage! This was in our old house and we did it in preparation to sell. Totally worth it, and I would do it again in our current house but the frieze carpet we have just doesn't show stains!

smiles33
04-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Yes, we used a company that uses a Roto-vac which I chose because it uses just hot water (with all the pumps/stuff in the truck outside, running a hose to the machine inside. They sprayed the carpet with a cleaning solution first, then ran the Roto-vac over it which uses hot water to rinse. The carpets didn't dry crunchy and they looked like new...it even got some grease spots up off of the carpet in the hallway near the garage! This was in our old house and we did it in preparation to sell. Totally worth it, and I would do it again in our current house but the frieze carpet we have just doesn't show stains!

I think that is what my guy uses. His limited English means I can't ask a lot of questions, but my co-worker recommended him and the carpet absolutely looks brand new. He has a truck mounted system, uses a spray solution first, and was able to remove all dog-related and drippy food stains. The only thing that didn't come out was an old vomit stain when DD1 was really sick and didn't reach the bathroom in time.

My guy actually recommends steam cleaning every 6 months when you have a dog (as we do), but I'm too cheap so I do it once every 2 years.

stinkyfeet
04-23-2015, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the tip! I'll look for a company who dies this.

indigo99
04-24-2015, 09:51 AM
I agree that "professional" doesn't mean it will be good. If they have the truck that heats up the water AND they actually set the temp high enough then it will do a decent job. We got a discount the last time, and they did a really bad job. It's not a good thing to get your floors wet very often, and I was annoyed that I'd let them wet my floors without even getting them clean. They should do a very thorough vacuum first or they will just be pushing the dirt down into the carpet. I also think that the folks that we used didn't have the temp set high at all. I felt the carpet right after he'd gone over it, and it was cool to the touch. Maybe you can act interested and get them to show you how/where they set the temp to see that they actually do it.