PDA

View Full Version : Which shoes? Help me pick please!! (pictures)

liz
04-30-2015, 01:43 PM
I posted in another thread about needing shoes for a communion and two weddings. I went shoe crazy and bought a bunch. Ideally I would keep one pair, but could keep two. Which ones do you like best?

eta, here is my original thread:http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?487079-Help-me-style-these-dresses

Percycat
04-30-2015, 01:48 PM
i like either the nude ones in the first pictures (2nd from the left) or the silver ones in the 2nd picture (3rd from the left).

SnuggleBuggles
04-30-2015, 01:51 PM
I'd pick the snakeskin from the 1st picture.

pastrygirl
04-30-2015, 04:21 PM
I also like the sparkly nude ones from the first pic, or the lighter snakeskin from the second pic.

MamaMolly
04-30-2015, 04:26 PM
2nd from left in both photos.

indigo99
04-30-2015, 04:29 PM
I like the second from left in first photo and second from right in second photo (same as pastrygirl and percycat I think).

eta: I'd probably do gold jewelry with the first shoe pick and silver jewelry with the second. I have more silver than gold jewelry though so that would influence my decision.

specialp
04-30-2015, 04:32 PM
1st pic: 3rd pair (light snakeskin)
2nd pic: 1st pair (nude with gold strap)

willow33
04-30-2015, 05:27 PM

Agree completely with this!

Tenasparkl
04-30-2015, 06:15 PM

Same. The strap makes that pair look more festive than the standard pumps. I like the subtle texture of the light grey pair in the first pic. The other snakeskin pairs are SO snakey to me. I have a huge snake phobia, so there's NO way I could wear those!

jgenie
04-30-2015, 07:03 PM
I like the light snakeskin from the first pic.

MMMommy
04-30-2015, 10:52 PM
My fav is the third from the left in the first picture (the taupe snakeskin one).

elbenn
04-30-2015, 10:59 PM
Love the snakeskin in the first pic! I think they are gorgeous and also versatile so you could get a lot of use out of those shoes.

goldenpig
05-01-2015, 03:41 AM
:yeahthat:

TwinFoxes
05-01-2015, 06:56 AM
The nude strappy, and the nude sparkly would be my choice. The other shoes just look like regular street shoes to me, and are fancy enough for a long gown. I think they look heavy and kind of matronly with a long dress (although I'm only seeing a bit of the dress, maybe the entire effect wouldn't be that way). I didn't read the other thread, is there a reason you're going pumps not sandals?

acmom
05-01-2015, 12:12 PM
I'd go with either the nude with the strap or one of the lighter snakeskin prints of those choices.

lmh2402
05-01-2015, 10:10 PM
i really like the gray snakeskin from first photo. third from the left (also known as second from the right ;) )

i think it's good with either color and i much prefer that pair over all the others - would only keep this one.

AnnieW625
05-02-2015, 08:39 AM
The nude strappy, and the nude sparkly would be my choice. The other shoes just look like regular street shoes to me, and are fancy enough for a long gown. I think they look heavy and kind of matronly with a long dress (although I'm only seeing a bit of the dress, maybe the entire effect wouldn't be that way). I didn't read the other thread, is there a reason you're going pumps not sandals?
Agree with his completely. I would wear a sandal instead of a utilitarian looking pump.

liz
05-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Thanks all! I wound up choosing a snakeskin pair and the t-strap pair. I chose what looked best on my skin tone and seemed to go with each dress the best. It's interesting to hear what your opinions were! My top choices seemed to be your top choices as well, so that was good to hear. I will pair the green sheath dress with a snakeskin pump and silver jewelry. I will wear the t-strap with the red dress and wear gold jewelry. Also, both dresses are short, not gowns as some PP thought.

I was surprised to hear that many of you thought pumps seemed too basic. It' been over a year since I wore a dress, never mind real heels so this seems dressy for me! As a reader of US Weekly :o I have noticed that so many actresses are wearing classic pumps with dresses now. I also see stars wearing a lot of strappy sandals but they won't work for me for the places I will be wearing them.

Shoe shopping was so fun-thanks for helping! I felt like I haven't really done this in a long time. I wear lots of basic slip ons like Vans, Keens or ballet flats when the weather gets warmer, so buying heels was fun! But I'm sure I'll be looking to get back into those at the end of the night after wearing heels all day lol.

SnuggleBuggles
05-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Good choices. :)
I get not strappy sandal for communion but curious about why not wedding?

AnnieW625
05-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I didn't notice the second picture initially, but I do like those t straps.

liz
05-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Good choices. :)
I get not strappy sandal for communion but curious about why not wedding?

Daytime wedding with DH and all 3 kids. Exposed toes=one of my kid will step on my toes, and that's no joke. It's honestly one of the reasons I love my Keens. I cannot tell you the number of times I've been thankful for wearing them! Second wedding is at an outdoor venue, where we will be walking on crushed gravel and lawn. BTDT with strappy sandals. I love how they look, but I figure I'll get more bang for my buck by sticking with classic pumps this go around.