PDA

View Full Version : How do you wash Mini-Boden clothes?

alootikki
05-04-2015, 03:53 PM
This is a silly question, but wondering if there's a special method to laundering Mini-boden t-shirts and other clothing with the appliques and embroidery. My sitter does the kids' laundry, and lately I feel like all of their miniBoden stuff comes out looking older and more worn. Thanks!

marymoo86
05-04-2015, 03:57 PM
usually on warm and hang dry

the dryer is probably the issue if you are seeing wear/fade.

citymama
05-04-2015, 04:07 PM
I follow the washing instructions - typically wash on warm, and line dry most things. I machine dry sweatpants, underwear and PJs only.

BunnyBee
05-04-2015, 08:49 PM
I wash appliquéd items inside out, and I wash jeans and heavy pants separately from tops. I think rubbing on the denim is wearing on more delicate fabrics, but I could be crazy. Tops dry on delicate heat. I use the Eco cool water setting for most things. Does the sitter use a bunch of detergent and high high heat?

boltfam
05-04-2015, 09:34 PM
I wash in cold water, and if it has an appliqué, I turn it inside out. I hang dry. Even though I am very careful with the clothes, I still get some Boden items that look more worn than I think they should.

elbenn
05-04-2015, 11:34 PM
I wash them regularly--don't turn them inside out and put them in the dryer. I think they generally wash quite well, so maybe it depends on the item.

Globetrotter
05-05-2015, 03:10 AM
Inside out, cold water, line dry (though I put pants, pjs, undies, and plain tshirts in the dryer)

ett
05-05-2015, 07:13 AM
I wash them the same as our other clothes - cold wash, low heat in dryer. I will turn the shirt inside out if I remember, but I generally do not. They've held up fine, but then I'm not trying to preserve them to sell later, so it's not a problem if they look a little worn after many washings.

KpbS
05-05-2015, 07:47 AM
I wash in cold water, and if it has an appliqué, I turn it inside out. I hang dry. Even though I am very careful with the clothes, I still get some Boden items that look more worn than I think they should.

:yeahthat:

I end up hanging almost all my DC's tops to prevent wash wear and shrinkage, but am especially careful with the Boden tops.

JCat
05-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Wash on cold and dry on low. They do still look worn after awhile. I think because they use cotton instead of synthetic junk.

123LuckyMom
05-05-2015, 11:55 AM
I hardly ever order MiniBoden any more. They just require too much work to stay looking nice. I used to wash on cold, inside out, and either tumble on low or air dry flat or hanging. But then almost everything needed to be ironed, and I found little fiddly things to be problematic, like a tight, non-stretchy armhole that made a large swing blouse too small in the arms long before it stopped fitting everywhere else. Id rather spend that money on Hanna or another upscale company where the clothes seem to have a bit more longevity. I do have to say, though, that MiniBoden was one of my favorite sources of nice baby clothes. As my kids have grown, though, I'm no longer a fan.

AustenFan
05-05-2015, 01:23 PM
I'll be honest, if my kids' clothes need special care, it's just not worth it to me. Everything my kids wear gets washed warm and tossed in the dryer (except things like tights or rash guards that I'll pick out and wash cold with my cold load). I have four children and don't have time to iron, etc. I've only had a couple miniBoden pieces that had special applique, and I washed them with everything else. I think they've been fine. But maybe my standards are just lower. Yes, I'm sure if you handwashed your clothes in cold water and line dried, then ironed, they'd last longer than mine, but I'm not sure that's a testament to the quality of the brand as much as the quality of your laundry care!:)

AnnieW625
05-05-2015, 01:49 PM
I'll be honest, if my kids' clothes need special care, it's just not worth it to me. Everything my kids wear gets washed warm and tossed in the dryer (except things like tights or rash guards that I'll pick out and wash cold with my cold load). I have four children and don't have time to iron, etc. I've only had a couple miniBoden pieces that had special applique, and I washed them with everything else. I think they've been fine. But maybe my standards are just lower. Yes, I'm sure if you handwashed your clothes in cold water and line dried, then ironed, they'd last longer than mine, but I'm not sure that's a testament to the quality of the brand as much as the quality of your laundry care!:)

Yes to this, except I only have 2 kids. I find that washing with a standard detergent like Gain, Tide Free, or Arm & Hammer works the best for our clothes. When I tried using Charlie's Soap for all of our clothes (yes I did the washing machine prep) I thought our clothes looked dingy. I wash on cold or warm like the labels say and dry on a clothesline (when the weather is warm) or use a drying rack for special items I don't want shrinking or I haven't gotten the entire stain out, but for the most part the clothes went in the dryer on medium. I had a lot of Baby Boden for DD2 abd it was in good to excellent condition when I handed it down to my niece.

citymama
05-05-2015, 03:33 PM

I don't think that's about the brand, but the owner! I've owned mini Boden for my kids for 7 years and never ironed or hand washed one thing. It's all machine washed. I line dry almost all our tshirts, tops and jeans to extend longevity and prevent shrinking, but that's true of Target brand or Boden. We have an outside washing line and line dry half of our wash. But again, it's not special for this brand.