PDA

View Full Version : Stitch Fix - Anyone using this to buy clothes?

Katigre
05-05-2015, 09:56 AM
A few coworkers keep talking about stitch fix and how much they like the clothes they got from it. Prices seem pretty comparable to Boden/Nordstrom. Not sure on quality.

Anyone here do it? Is it worth trying out?

https://www.stitchfix.com/

I started following them on Pinterest and their stuff looks really cute.
https://www.pinterest.com/stitchfix/. Then I found this about how to actually get clothes you like:
http://thejoyparadeblog.com/how-to-stitch-fix-like-a-pro/
http://randomrecycling.com/8-ways-to-make-stitch-fix-work-for-you/#_a5y_p=3582986

I need a better clothes alternative in my life!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
05-05-2015, 10:28 AM
My friend uses Stitch Fix and loves it. I can't speak to quality though.

Simon
05-05-2015, 10:44 AM
I don't but also have a friend who does and raves about the things she receives. She has commented before that she thinks the quality is good. However, I also think she is considering these as more short-term (3-4 season) pieces vs. classic LBD or blazer to keep for years to put it in perspective.

Katigre
05-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Oh I don't keep anything now than 4 years unless it's trouser pants or a nice dress, so no worries there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wendibird22
05-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I haven't yet, but have at least half a dozen friends/colleagues who rave about it.

cvanbrunt
05-05-2015, 12:43 PM
I do. It's fun. It is for adding pieces to your wardrobe and not for building one, for sure. You need to stick with if for a while to give your stylist and the algorithms time to figure your likes out.

jse107
05-05-2015, 12:51 PM
I do. It's fun. It is for adding pieces to your wardrobe and not for building one, for sure. You need to stick with if for a while to give your stylist and the algorithms time to figure your likes out.
Agreed. It's hit or miss. I do like the fun factor and that stuff comes that I might never pick out on my own! Quality depends on the item.

AnnieW625
05-05-2015, 12:53 PM
A friend of mine loves it.

Curious how much is your average bill, and how often do you get a shipment?

cvanbrunt
05-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Curious how much is your average bill, and how often do you get a shipment?

Totally depends on you. You get a discount if you keep everything but otherwise you pay for each piece. You set the price range for each category (tops, dresses, pants, accessories, jewelry, etc) and shipment frequency. Three weeks is the shortest interval but I've got it set to every other month. I think monthly is default. Super easy to change at any time.

AnnieW625
05-05-2015, 01:41 PM
So if you choose $50-$100 for clothes do you get more at the high end or more at the low end. I am afraid of loving everything and ending up with a $350-$500 bill with each order. I should probably just accept the fact that this service would be more an extravagance than what I really can afford, but it would be fun to try. Also per the blogs that Katigre listed it looks like you need to have some use of Pinterest to figure out your style. I have none of that experience.

westwoodmom04
05-05-2015, 01:50 PM
There is a thread on this in the momswear section. I found the quality to be spotty, and rarely kept more than one thing. Quality well below Boden. I got the feeling there was little effort to personalize what they chose for you.

barkley1
05-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Really seems to be hit or miss. I have 3 friends that currently use it and they all LOVE it.

Nemesia
05-05-2015, 04:40 PM
I've done it twice. The first time I liked everything they sent, but only kept 3 items because the other two did not fit well. The second time I did not like anything they sent, and it seemed to be the opposite of what I requested. It was almost like I got someone else's box. I did not do it again because the three pieces I kept from my first fix are not holding up very well for the price I paid.

I do have a couple friends that love it and I wish it would have worked out for me.