PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Favorite WDW Restaurants

elbenn
05-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Give me some ideas for where to dine! I'm open to all suggestions--character dining, sit down dinners, great casual places. Please say whether you like it for the food or the atmosphere or both. Thanks!

KrisM
05-06-2015, 07:23 PM
We really liked Sci Fi in DHS. The atmosphere was really fun with the movie playing, etc. And, it was so quiet inside! The food was nothing spectacular, but was good.

We also enjoyed both dinner shows - Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Spirit of Aloha.

kristenk
05-06-2015, 07:31 PM
We just got back! We did two character meals. Ohana at the Polynesian for breakfast and Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom for lunch. We thought the food was good at both places.

Another highlight was San Angel Inn in Epcot. We sat by the railing and watched the volcano erupt and the boats pass by. That was a lot of fun.

In Animal Kingdom we ended up eating at Yak & Yeti. Portions were huge, but the food was very good. We were planning to eat at Flame Tree Barbecue, but it was closed for renovation.

Cam&Clay
05-06-2015, 07:44 PM
In the Magic Kingdom, our favorite is Be Our Guest for lunch when it is considered counter service. We also enjoyed Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern.

At Epcot, our absolute favorite is Le Cellier. We also were surprised by how much we loved Coral Reef. Rose & Crown is consistently good as well.

At AK, the only place we've really enjoyed was Flame Tree.

At the resorts, we LOVE California Grille, Flying Fish, and Artist Pointe.

All of these were for the FOOD, but you can't beat the view at California Grille.

bnme
05-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Chef Mickeys breakfast for the fun also Beach Club breakfast

Hibachi place in Japan was delicious. Especially fun when we went because it was kids first time.

Paradiso at DTD. Great food, I may have the name wrong.

I like Olivia's and turf Club as relaxing resort restaurants with good food.

Columbia Harbor house for a quick meal at MK

ray7694
05-06-2015, 09:41 PM
We did three character meals and the Cinderella was the best. The seafood reasteraunt at Epcot was the best food.

rkold
05-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Our group is a group of vegetarians, so please do take that into consideration. We were last in WDW in Feb 2015.

My favorite character meal is hands down the Disney Junior Play -n- Dine at the Studios for Breakfast. I think the food selection is surprisingly good (and if you don't care about your diet the warm chocolate kahlua sauce is amazing) the characters are good, and the cast members there have a lot of energy. There are a lot of group dances, which is great for antsy little kids who don't want to just sit while they wait for characters. If your kids are old enough that they don't care about Disney Jr or you don't have kids, I would skip. It's great if you have a 4 or 5 year old though.

I've also tried: Cindy's (food is disappointing, I tried it both in the Castle and when it was temporarily in Citricos), Aksherus (will never go back there again after they forgot DD's birthday cupcake. She was heartbroken.), Crystal Palace (waited 45 minutes on our ADR and they took groups the same size as ours who got there after us before us. DD had a meltdown because they kept us waiting, and then I ended up spending the night being ill because they didn't mark which meals contained meat.) Chef Mickey's (It's fun and loud, but it's sort of expensive, and it's not so hard to meet the fab 5 otherwise.)

My favorite breakfast you can get in without ADRs is Kona Cafe. I had red velvet pancakes last time I was there. I also liked the new Italian place that replaced Cat Cora for Breakfast when we stayed at the Beach Club in January.

When you don't mind spending money, I adore: Jiko's, California Grill, and Citrico's. All 3 had some delicious food and really work with dietary requirements. Citrico's has possibly my favorite dessert ever as a chocolate lover. I ate in Citricos in Jan 2011 and had not been impressed but the food was so much better when we were there in Feb 2015!

For "moderate" priced food, I like Sanaa in Kidani and Tokyo Dinning in Epcot. The quick service there is also good, though DD didn't like that they added pickled ginger directly tot he veggie rolls as well as having it on the side.

Columbia Harbour House is probably the best main course food in MK, but I just don't like eating in MK if I can help it. I've been to Be Our Guest for lunch and dinner, and while it's gorgeous inside the food is just all right, and not worth the difficulties in getting a reservation. I was disappointed that they couldn't do a dinner size portion of some of their salads, which I think is superior to their ratatouille with quinoa. The Wave and Kona Cafe can alter some of their main courses or change things up more.

I'm also really not as fond of the food in AK, though I'm hoping to at some point try some of the new veggie options. DD likes pizzafari because she is 4.5 We're going to possibly try Tusker's next trip, as we might do the dinning plan for 2 days of our split stay.

elbenn
05-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Thanks for all of the replies! Some questions:

1. Does Aksherus have the Frozen princesses?

2. I read somewhere that California Grille, Narcooses, and Citricos were good choices to watch the electric parade. If so, what time should your reservations be for and are all of the seating good for watching the parade or do you have to have certain window seating?

3. Do you need reservations at the Epcot restaurants such as Le Cellier or the English fish and chips restaurant?

4. Has anyone done tea at the Grand Floridian? What's it like?

rkold
05-06-2015, 11:13 PM

2. I read somewhere that California Grille, Narcooses, and Citricos were good choices to watch the electric parade. If so, what time should your reservations be for and are all of the seating good for watching the parade or do you have to have certain window seating?

3. Do you need reservations at the Epcot restaurants such as Le Cellier or the English fish and chips restaurant?

1. As of Feb. 2015, the Frozen Princesses did not ever meet at Aksherus. Generally, you get: Belle in her yellow gown, Human Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella. Sometimes Mulan subs in for one of those princesses. I've never seen any other princesses there. It's unlikely the Frozen princesses are going to start meeting there because they're a little too popular right now, if that makes sense. Having them there would be a little too disruptive.

2. Yes, you can see the pageant. In the case of Narcooses and Citricos, I think you need a seat near a window. For California Grille, there are outside viewing areas for all guests as well as lounge with viewing areas. I want to say the pageant starts around 9:45. With CG eve if you eat early, you can come back later for viewings. I love CG, but the view is very different than from Citricos and Narcooses, because it's 14 stories or so up, while the others are pretty much on level. I admit, I tend to just watch it from various look out points around the GF. ^^;

3. Last I heard, Le Cellier is up there as one of the hardest ADRs to get. I think Be Our Guest is the hardest, and then possibly Le Cellier. The Rose and Crown Pub isn't so hard to get depending on time of year. The actual fish-n-chip only shop is QS so there are no reservations for it.

4. We nearly did tea there last trip, but canceled because I was exhausted.

I have eaten in Victoria and Albert's. The food was outstanding, but the dessert was disappointing. I had a Tables in Wonderland discount at the time and I am not sure I would go back without it.

Izzy&Bella
05-07-2015, 06:20 AM
We did the Perfectly Princess Tea. It's very expensive, but we enjoyed it for a one-time thing. They really treat the little girls like royalty!

Our favorites include: Via Napoli, Raglan Road, Akershus breakfast and Hollywood & Vine lunch. Columbia Harbor Hoise and Flame Tree Barbeque for counter service. Jiko is also fabulous.

klwa
05-07-2015, 07:55 AM
The one restaurant that gets the most love in our house is Garden Grill in Epcot. It's a family style character meal, so, unlike most of the character meals, you don't have to get up to go to the buffet, and possibly miss the characters. And, for the most part, the menu has something that each of us like. The characters aren't usually rushed there, and often you'll see each one 2+ times while you're eating, rather than sitting, waiting on that last one to come by.

klwa
05-07-2015, 08:03 AM

There were some reports a month or so ago that they did a brief trial run with Anna/Elsa as greeter at Akershus, but that trial appears to be done & Belle is back. The one time we were here, we had Belle as greeter, Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, and Aurora.

I assume you're talking about the electrical water pageant and not the Main Street Electrical Parade. If so, refer to PP's response.

If it's a park area table service, yes. So yes to Le Cellier. For Fish & Chips, it depends on if you want the quick service version, or the sit down version. You're more likely to get walk up availability if you're looking at the resort restaurants, excepting the character meals & 'Ohana.

anonomom
05-07-2015, 08:52 AM

We've done tea at the GF twice. It's really nice and the food is good. One warning -- the last time we went (December 2013), they had added several tables to add more capacity. It's fairly crowded and a little hectic in there now. If you're going at a lower-crowd time that may not be an issue, but it's something to consider. It's still a nice experience, but not as calm and peaceful as it used to be.

I'm guessing the electric parade you're talking about is the electric water pageant that circles the lake (lagoon? I always forget) every night. IIRC, that happens late -- after 9 pm. I wouldn't think the Cali Grill would be ideal for viewing since it's so far up. And I'm fairly certain that Citricos is inside the GF and there isn't a view from the restaurant. Narcoosee's is right on the water and might be a good choice. Otherwise, you might consider just viewing it from the shore at one of the resorts in the area.

Depending on the time of year you're going, I'd get reservations for any restaurant you definitely want to try. If you're there during a time they offer free dining, you will definitely need ADRs everywhere. LeCellier tends to be extremely popular, so you'll almost certainly need a reservation there regardless of crowd levels.

elbenn
05-07-2015, 10:03 AM
I was referring to the main street parade, but I must have it confused with the water one. Are there any restaurants that you can view the main street parade? Or what is the best way to view the main street parade? Our hotel isn't that close to MK, and the parade is pretty late so I figured we'd be tired by then. Is the main street parade a must?

ray7694
05-07-2015, 10:10 AM
The Main St parade included the fireworks above the castle. At the entrance of MK is a train station. YOu can take the stair on either side to the top and it is a great spot. You have to get there early. We just took turn shopping/getting popcorn once we had our spot.

elbenn
05-07-2015, 10:13 AM
The Main St parade included the fireworks above the castle. At the entrance of MK is a train station. YOu can take the stair on either side to the top and it is a great spot. You have to get there early. We just took turn shopping/getting popcorn once we had our spot.

This is a great tip. Thanks! How early did you get there?

rkold
05-07-2015, 10:21 AM
I was referring to the main street parade, but I must have it confused with the water one. Are there any restaurants that you can view the main street parade? Or what is the best way to view the main street parade? Our hotel isn't that close to MK, and the parade is pretty late so I figured we'd be tired by then. Is the main street parade a must?

Sometimes. Depending on time of year and well just plain luck, you can see the Main Street Parade from the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. The view is not ideal and definitely not as good as FP+ would be, but considering you're actually paying to get a good view of the fireworks, it was pretty awesome when we could see the parade as well. It's a little expensive, but I'm a fan of the party because the fireworks view is spectacular. Last time we did it, we had a perfect view and didn't even need to leave our table.

I have also gotten a distant view of the Main Street parade from the California Grill. I don't think you can see it from inside, but if you go outside to the viewing areas you do get a bird's eye view. I remember pointing it out to my Mom in Feb. Again, with the CG, even if you eat earlier, you can go back for viewing. I find most nicer sit down places in WDW will take 1.5-2 hours for a meal.

Re: PP and Citricos. I honestly can't remember if you can see the water pageant even from a window, because usually I end up seeing the pageant from near the VGF or the Poly. However, you can definitely see the fireworks from Citricos, which is why I would think there is enough of a water view to see the electrical water pageant as well. Victoria and Albert's is completely enclosed though and you can't see anything from it.

We actually once had Aurora as our greeter at Aksherus, but that was only once and all the other times it's been Belle in her yellow dress. (We probably ate there a good 5-7 times before our issues last Oct 2014.) If you want Belle in her yellow dress (specifically the yellow dress, not her blue+white one) I think Aksherus is the only place where she signs autographs. I've never had Belle as a princess at Cindy's though I once had Rapunzel there. I think it is hard to have A+E at things like that just because the crowds and lines for pictures are already enough of an issue, A+E would make it even more trafficky. Even at all the princess races, A+E were up on a platform waving to the runners and not on the ground where you could get your picture taken with them because of presumably traffic concerns. One interesting thing to note, Elsa does have a "Winter" version of her outfit, like most of the other princesses. I guess the cold does bother her anyway XD;

kristenk
05-07-2015, 10:57 AM
We had a FastPass+ for a parade viewing location. It was great! It just worked out that we'd have an extra FP+ that day, so I decided to use it for the parade. I'm very glad I did.

The FP+ parade viewing location is in the grassy area in the center of main street. It's where the flag is. We showed up about 10 minutes before the parade started and had a great view without people trying to invade our space. :)

candaceb
05-07-2015, 11:08 AM
My favorite restaurant at WDW is Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I love the whole thing - walking around the hotel, seeing some animals, and then the food at Boma is different but very good. Everyone in our picky group of 8 was happy there.

elbenn
05-07-2015, 11:56 AM
I really appreciate all the replies. I'm checking into a bunch of these restaurants. More questions:

1. If you make reservations and cancel, any charges? How late can you cancel? (I'm sure this is available on their site, but am hoping for a quick answer from someone who already knows.)

2. Viewing online menus, what's the difference between the kids meals and the Check Mickey Mouse kids meals?

3. If you do Fantasma, what restaurant is best? Is it better for lunch or dinner?

klwa
05-07-2015, 12:46 PM
I really appreciate all the replies. I'm checking into a bunch of these restaurants. More questions:

1. If you make reservations and cancel, any charges? How late can you cancel? (I'm sure this is available on their site, but am hoping for a quick answer from someone who already knows.)
I think it's $10 per person if you don't cancel within 24 hours. However, if even one person shows up for a 4 person reservation, there is no charge for the missing people.

2. Viewing online menus, what's the difference between the kids meals and the Check Mickey Mouse kids meals?
The check meals are the "healthy" options. However, either count as a kids meal credit if you're on the dining plan.

rkold
05-07-2015, 06:21 PM

3. If you do Fantasma, what restaurant is best? Is it better for lunch or dinner?

In regards to canceling, if you're a group of 2 or more and at least 1 person shows up to the meal, you are not charged any fees. (So if you're a group of 4, and your two kids get sick suddenly so you have to stay in the room with them, your partner could still go to the meal and you won't be charged a fee.)

In regards to Fantasmic, it's really not necessary to do the meal unless you need very specific seating. We had no problem getting a FP+ for it after we went through our 3 FP+s in the Studios. (We were there in Oct, Dec, Jan and Feb.) Just to warn you now, the pre-show felt like it went on forever. Fantasmic is also terrifying for some small children. We had to leave before it had even really begun because DD was terrified.

See PP for the charge on canceling with less than 24 hour notice and for the menu question.

boilermakermom
05-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Be Our Guest has great food, and the only place you will see the Beast. But it gets extremely loud. We had a 6 o'clock dinner reservation, and DD and I ended up leaving and going outside half way through the meal. We were seated in the West Wing, there is a constant thunder, lightening atmosphere combined with the dimly lit room - it was terrible. It was so incredibly loud we could barely hear our server. On our way out, I noticed the grand ballroom was just as loud. Much brighter, no thunder, but way more tables and much louder.

Cinderella's Royal Table is worth the two table credits! The food is fantastic, the atmosphere is wonderful. You will see Cinderella and four other princesses. It is an experience!!!!

Akershus was terrible. Would not do it again. We had dinner, food was mediocre at best, nothing really had flavor. I have heard breakfast is better. We met Belle upon entering, and then three more princesses came to the table.

Rose and Crown, Biergarten and Via Napoli are all good choices. Le Celliar is fantastic. We enjoyed the restaurants in the World Showcase the most. We made ADR as much as we could.

I am mixed on character dining. It all depends on the pictures you want. The pics from character dining will more than likely have other guests in the background, possibly plates from the table, etc. We chose to do more character meet and greets in the park.

hellokitty
05-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Sanna at ak lodge kidani and my kids thought that the chip and day character meal, garden grill, at Epcot that rotates with the land ride were great. We also liked tusker house at ak and boma and am lodge jambo. Breakfast at Poly's ohana was great too. The worst meals we had were at liberty tree tavern, kona and yak and yeti quick service.

brittone2
05-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Sushi at CA Grill was great last Feb, although not the most cost effective on the mealplan. We did an early dinner, the kids were great and the views were nice.

Crystal Palace for an early morning breakfast was wonderful. When we went, we found the food far better than Tusker House and other buffets. Maybe it was because our reservation was really early? We had hoped for Main St pics in front of the castle before the park opened to everyone, but they were filming a commercial.

Be Our Guest for lunch was pretty fantastic for a "counter service" credit.

My kids liked the food in Morocco's counter service, the fish and chips at UK, and ham and cheese in France at Les Halles Boulangerie.

Starring Rolls was fun, as was Beaches and Cream for ice cream over at The Boardwalk.

Indianamom2
05-19-2015, 12:12 PM
We loved Be Our Guest for dinner. We got lucky the last time right after they had opened and got a reservation. It's VERY hard to get into, but it was good. We ate in the smaller Beast's room which was fun.

Le Cellier might be some of the best food in Epcot. It's also traditionally difficult to reserve, but worth it if you can get in. (It's in Canada)

We love the atmosphere at San Angel Inn, but none of us love the food. Still, it's something to consider since it's so relaxing.

We really enjoyed the Yak and Yeti counter service restaurant in the AK, so this time we're going to try the sit down version. I've heard good things!

Akershus for breakfast was really good.

Whispering Canyon is a fun place, but I can't remember about the food. I know it was good, but I don't remember much beyond that as it's been about 7 years ago now.

We're going to try the Spirit of Aloha this time around, on the day we arrive, since we're staying at the Polynesian

keh602
05-19-2015, 01:04 PM
I have a hard time listening to anyone's recommendations unless I know them very well because people are SO divided on every single WDW restaurant. It's very frustrating when you're trying to find reviews. I don't think we've ever had a truly terrible dining experience, and we've eaten at most of the places mentioned in this thread. I will say that the ONE place I've eaten at for every Disney trip I've been on is San Angel Inn. We love the atmosphere, love the food--everything about it. We leave for WDW in 3 days, and that one is on the list for this trip as well.

SummerBaby
05-23-2015, 10:29 AM
We are just back from our second trip to WDW. Probably the best food and service we had was at Jiko, but it is pricey. We also ate at Sanaa, and the food was very good and you can't beat the view of the animals. We had a last minute dinner at the Trattoria on the Boardwalk and the pizza was very good, and reasonably priced- one pizza was $16-18 and was enough for DH and I to share. We also are at 50s prime time cafe at the Studios and loved it. The food was ok- definitely edible but nothing special, but the experience is great. The kids were hysterical laughing at our server who reprimanded DH for not saying please, putting his elbows on the table, etc. Highly entertaining if you're into that sort of thing. Lunch at Be our guest was fantastic for counter service. Great setting and a nice cool place to relax. The Mexican counter service on the water on world showcase (forgot the name) was also decent and they have a fantastic cranberry margarita. :)

Basically I've never had a truly awful meal at WDW. Maybe it's not 4 star cuisine but it's generally better than I expected, and I'm somewhat of a food snob.

Fairy
05-23-2015, 03:51 PM
I love Disney threads. I agree that it's very, very subjective when it comes to favorites. I hated the San Angel, but we had the worst waitress there, and the food was not good. But MOst everyone I know loves it there. Now my faovorite that I didn't see here, though I didn't read the whole thread, is Tusker House in AK. I cannot think of a place I love more for every aspect. Food unreal. Variety spectacular. Characters awesome. Service lovely. I just love love love love love it there. My favorite hands down. We also love The Crystal Palace and go every time, even though we've gotten pooh and friends a ton of times. But it's just familiar and comfortable and good food and completely adorbs. We ate at Harbor House the other day, and it was ok. Not fantastic but not bad at all. We also think the Sci-Fi Dine in drive in is the best food at HS. I'd pay you to let me eat dinner in the West Wing of BOG. Still no luck in getting a reservation for dinner or even for lunch. I pine. hOpefully in October. I can tell you the place I likd least and will never ever ever go back is at HS the Brown Derby. Overpriced to say the least. We did get reserved seating for the Fantasmic, but honestly, the food was good but NOT WORTH this kind of money. And i will pay stupid money for something if it's worth it to me. $50 steak, sure, I"ll pay that, if it's truly worth it to me, Morton's, etc. I'll pay four figures for front row and back stage at a McCartney concert. Yep. But Brown Derby? NOt worth the $57 pp for the teensy amount of food and really not good desert they give you with your inclusive package that includes those reserved seats. I criticize Disney very little, but this is one of those times.

elbenn
05-24-2015, 01:52 PM
The first day we get there we won't have park tickets. Could we book tea at the Grand Floridian or would park tickets be required? We won't have a rental car and we are staying at the Boardwalk, so would we even be able to get there on the Magical Express or is it just for people with park tickets?

kristenk
05-24-2015, 02:09 PM
The Magical Express is what gets you from the airport to the resort.

You don't need park tickets to use the WDW buses or to get to the Grand Floridian. They drop off/pick up outside the park gates.

About what time is your plane scheduled to land at MCO? Maybe we can come up with other non-park ideas for that day!

elbenn
05-25-2015, 10:25 AM
About what time is your plane scheduled to land at MCO? Maybe we can come up with other non-park ideas for that day!

I'm glad you asked, because I was thinking we were getting in at noon. It turns out we get in around 3:00, so no go for tea that day. We are staying at the Boardwalk so we'll be by Epcot.

kristenk
05-25-2015, 10:59 AM
We were just at WDW a few weeks ago and stayed at the Beach Club.

If you are supposed to arrive at MCO around 3, then I'd guess you'd be at the resort around 4:30. You could always walk around the Boardwalk area or take the boat that goes to Swan/Dolphin/BC/Hollywood Studios/Epcot for a ride if your kids like that. You could get off at Beach Club and go have ice cream at Beaches & Cream. You could also see about eating dinner there (get a reservation). Or head down to the pool for a while.

rkold
05-25-2015, 02:34 PM
It's not so hard to get a dinner reservation at the Trattoria on the Boardwalk either. Beaches and Cream is really good, but it is also really burgers, ice cream, and grilled cheese so it sort of depends on what you want to eat for dinner. The quality is definitely higher than the QS burger places though. But it also gets crowded because it is near the pool and a popular place to get ice cream. I'd recommend dinner reservations because I think the QS is not as good as the QS elsewhere IMHO. We've always wanted to rent one of the 4 seater bicycles to ride around the lagoon. I'm sure it is pricey but it always looks like fun.

And since I don't think anyone else has mentioned it... I've also eaten at the Flying Fish the Signature restaurant for the Boardwalk. It's relatively easy to get a reservation there. If you like seafood, I think the food is probably very good. Their veggie options vary depending on the chef. Our waiter in January was very nice and gave us free champagne but our meal took 2-3 hours! People do bring kids to Signature restaurants, we were near a table with young kids, or if your DCs are older than 3 you can have the visit the Sandcastle Club babysitting service in the Beach Club. (you don't need to stay there to use the service.) My DD loves the kids clubs. If the kids stay there at least 2 hours their stay includes a dinner for them. It does get pricey, but I admit, it's a treat I always indulge in every trip to Disney now.

Disney public transportation is free, but without a rental car it can be a pain to get between various hotels. It took 30-40 minutes to get by boat from The Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge and by car it took more like 5.

elbenn
05-28-2015, 09:50 AM
More restaurant questions:

1. Can you be a little late for a reservation? For example, if you are waiting in line for a ride and it takes longer than expected, how late can you be and still get your reservation?

2. I booked a table service for Yak & Yeti. About how long should I plan to be at the restaurant? I'm trying to figure out if I booked a fast pass too close to the reservation.

rkold
05-28-2015, 11:01 AM
More restaurant questions:

1. Can you be a little late for a reservation? For example, if you are waiting in line for a ride and it takes longer than expected, how late can you be and still get your reservation?

2. I booked a table service for Yak & Yeti. About how long should I plan to be at the restaurant? I'm trying to figure out if I booked a fast pass too close to the reservation.

For question 1, judging from my experience it depends on the restaurant. >>; We were 15 minutes late to Aksherus and the staff was quite rude about it. We did still get a table. But the whole experience was disappointing and they forgot DD's B-day cupcake. Yes, I know I've complained about this elsewhere, but DD still is mentioning how sad she was about this, particular since another nearby child got her. Other restaurants have been a lot nicer about it. Hollywood and Vine, just laughed with us. If you can, get the restaurant's # and maybe call? I found that helped when we were late to Citricos when Cindy was temporarily there. Usually you have a 10 minute leeway for running late.

I've never eaten at Yak+Yeti, but find most sitdown places take 1-2 hours. If you made your FP+ ressie within 1 hour of your dinner ressie I think that is really cutting it too close. If you want your meal to be about 45 minutes to 1 hour, you need to order everything you want: drinks, appetizers, dinner, dessert, all at once and let the waitstaff know you're not looking for a leisurely meal experience. We've done this a few times when going out with DD, just because 1 hour she can manage, longer is hard on her. I think unofficially you have a 10 minute grace period post your FP+ time. It also just depends on the attraction. I've shown up late for FP+ ressies (more than 10 minutes) and sometimes they've just let me through and other times they have not. It doesn't hurt to ask a CM. I think it depends on how busy the attraction is and the CMs on duty.

elbenn
05-28-2015, 11:25 AM
I've never eaten at Yak+Yeti, but find most sitdown places take 1-2 hours. If you made your FP+ ressie within 1 hour of your dinner ressie I think that is really cutting it too close. If you want your meal to be about 45 minutes to 1 hour, you need to order everything you want: drinks, appetizers, dinner, dessert, all at once and let the waitstaff know you're not looking for a leisurely meal experience. We've done this a few times when going out with DD, just because 1 hour she can manage, longer is hard on her. I think unofficially you have a 10 minute grace period post your FP+ time. It also just depends on the attraction. I've shown up late for FP+ ressies (more than 10 minutes) and sometimes they've just let me through and other times they have not. It doesn't hurt to ask a CM. I think it depends on how busy the attraction is and the CMs on duty.

Thanks for this info. I think the FP is about 1.5 hours after the reservation, so will probably be fine. Approximately how long does it take to get from attractions at opposite ends of the parks?

rkold
05-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Depends on the park, your walking speed, and the crowds, because no matter how fast you walk, if surrounded by slower people you're just not going to go too fast. >>;

kristenk
05-29-2015, 08:23 AM
We recently ate at Yak & Yeti. The food came out incredibly fast. We were surprised by that. Remember that you will still have a little bit of a wait for seating, even with a reservation. It seemed like most people with reservations had about a 10-15 minute wait the day we were there.