PDA

View Full Version : What color cardigan with a navy dress?

khalloc
05-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Going to a wedding memorial day weekend. Its a casual daytime wedding. I was going to buy this dress in Navy.
http://garnethill.scene7.com/is/image/garnethill/29984_alt1?$P_Main$

Now I would like a cardigan to go over it. I was looking at Boden. The wedding in in Springfield MA. I'm imagining that it will probably be warm, but it could be cooler that weekend also. I was thinking of a cotton cardigan. But I could go cashmere as well.

Should I get a cropped cardigan? Or a regular length one? I am a size 10, blond hair, fair skin. I look good in blues and pinks I think. Someone did tell me once that with my color hair I should wear more yellow. But I am worried that the yellow could be an ugly hue. Its hard to tell online.

Forgot, I have a pair of cork wedge sandals that I thought I could wear. They have a nude leather strap and a red leather strap, so if I wear those, I guess a pink cardigan might be out.

So please advise. I need to purchase ASAP.

wendibird22
05-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Well I'm currently wearing a mustard yellow cardi with navy and white today and accented with kelly green necklace and earrings....so, yeah, yellow is good. You could do coral, red, taupe, kelly green, pink (though wouldn't do pink if there's red in the shoe). I think with the red strap in the sandal I'd accent with red jewelry (beaded necklace or red in the earrings) if you go with something other than red in the cardi.

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2015, 10:21 AM
I'd have said berry but not sure with shoes. I'd probably do oatmeal and not expect to wear the sweater unless I absolutely had to.
With the red accent, navy dress, holiday weekend...it could be a bit patriotic. I'd probably down play the red white and blue by getting different shoes but that's personal taste. :)

khalloc
05-07-2015, 10:32 AM
I could buy new shoes, but i have a tough foot to fit and I usually have to spend more money on comfortable shoes. So I dont want to have to drop another $100 on shoes if I can help it.

elbenn
05-07-2015, 12:25 PM
I love the idea of a yellow cardigan and red jewelry.

pastrygirl
05-07-2015, 01:02 PM
My first though was yellow, too. I'd get a thin one, like the kind they have at Loft. I have a yellow floral one that I love with dresses like this.

cagey
05-07-2015, 01:08 PM
And I'd def do cropped cardi - A longer cardi would make this dress look frumpy.

elbenn
05-07-2015, 01:25 PM
And I'd def do cropped cardi - A longer cardi would make this dress look frumpy.

Yes to this.

khalloc
05-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Ugh. I guess I should have looked at the sizes available. Most colors are sold out in my size (10 or 12). I could get a light turquoise blue and thats about it.

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Light turquoise sounds pretty!

pinay
05-07-2015, 04:42 PM
A coworker recently wore a navy blue shift dress with a coral cardigan and she looked so pretty and put together. Really, navy is a pretty classic neutral so any pop of color would probably work well for a daytime wedding.

acmom
05-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Really, navy is a pretty classic neutral so any pop of color would probably work well for a daytime wedding.

:yeahthat: I would think the light turquoise you mentioned would work. Navy, turq., and the red of the sandals could be a good combo.

I'd go with a lightweight, thinner shorter/cropped cardigan as others mentioned. And I love gold jewelry with navy and brights too.