PDA

View Full Version : Silk blouses/tops, anyone?

mommy111
05-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Need some for work...got a promotion and I need something a little bit more stylish and formal than the 'got this off Ann Taylor' look. I usually don't like button downs. I previously got some beautiful raw silk ones from a Boden special line 4 years ago but don't see anything similar now. Pretty spring colors or prints. Where would you recommend? Something that hopefully doesn't break the bank

abh5e8
05-10-2015, 08:57 PM
I think Jcrew has some, and has a sale code right now. will you wear these with pencil skirts? I am quickly realizing my new job, office environment, is more professional (less business casual) then I'm used to. I'll be watching to see what others suggest.

mommy111
05-11-2015, 01:53 AM
mostly with pants.....I also have to run around a lot, so skirts are not really practical. However, I hate suit sets (makes me think of the days when I was a newbie) so I mostly wear cardigans over the blouses or stand-alone jackets.....so I need the blouses that are formal enough to carry the look. But I hate things that are not pretty so I'm stuck :)

Myira
07-28-2015, 04:34 PM
This is a old thread, but if anyone is looking I recently found some great blouses/tops at Marshalls. I wasn't planning on buying since I had decided to put a freeze on buying clothes for myself for a while and then I lucked into a couple of them at Marshalls and caved in.

lovin2shop
07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Missed this the first time, but I absolutely love silk blouses from Joie. They are just beautiful and a work staple for me. They do break the bank at full retail of about $250, but I stalk them on sale and can usually find them in the $100 range on the flash sale sites and Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack. Totally worth it.

Equipment also has really nice silk blouses, but I think they are made for a longer / leaner body style, so they don't usually work well for me.