PDA

View Full Version : Any positive self therapy book rec?

ray7694
05-22-2015, 02:22 PM
I already posted I am going through a rough patch of anxiety and have started meds. I have to keep myself busy or it gets worse. When I am not I start researching it which isn't helpful. I have friends to talk to but I we can only say so much.

Any good encouraging books you could recommend? TIA!

wendibird22
05-22-2015, 07:51 PM
I adore Carry On Warrior and follow her blog Momastary. Glennon is amazing. Her journey is inspiring and she really paints a beautiful picture to self love and embracing all your stuff.

sduemmler
05-22-2015, 08:20 PM
I already posted I am going through a rough patch of anxiety and have started meds. I have to keep myself busy or it gets worse. When I am not I start researching it which isn't helpful. I have friends to talk to but I we can only say so much.

Any good encouraging books you could recommend? TIA!

I would look at Worry Cure or Anxiety Free by Robert Leahy--Worry Cure is a pretty comprehensive explanation of the cognitive behavioral treatment of anxiety. Most of my clients find it a helpful book.

Good luck!

AshUVA
05-23-2015, 10:32 AM
I found Come to Your Senses by Stanley Block very helpful. It provides many tools to get your through situations.

poppy
05-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Not exactly a self help book but I found Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic to be very inspiring and he has his own website.

http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/media/