PDA

View Full Version : Emergency help - fast passes at DisneyWorld

niccig
05-23-2015, 09:26 PM
Hope someone can reply quickly on this. We're trying to work out plan for upcoming Disney trip and get fast passes. So I *think* we get 3 fastpasses a day for our group. Is that 3 per park, or 3 over all the parks for that day. DisneyLand is so much easier to visit, I'm getting very confused!

Thanks,
Nicci

kristenk
05-23-2015, 09:35 PM
It's 3 total and they can only be used in 1 park. Even if you plan on visiting 2 parks in one day, all of your FP+ have to be in 1 park.

niccig
05-23-2015, 09:36 PM
It's 3 total and they can only be used in 1 park. Even if you plan on visiting 2 parks in one day, all of your FP+ have to be in 1 park.

Thank you. This is all very confusing to figure out what to do and what can be missed.

kristenk
05-23-2015, 09:41 PM
You're welcome! Yes, it's very hard to plan. DD isn't into most of the big rides so that made it much, much easier on us.

KrisM
05-23-2015, 09:49 PM
This thread is really long, but the first few posts covers everything you could need to know: http://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-basic-info-suggested-priorities-and-strategies-part-ii.3326057/

It gives the rules of Fastpass and suggested priorities.

niccig
05-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Thanks everyone. We've gone to DisneyLand a few times, and this is just more complicated. DS doesn't want to do any character events and there's some things he's done before e.g. Soarin at Califronia Adventures, so if we have to skip that, he's OK with it. We had some things planned, but just realized there's a big group event with set days at certain parks, so now we're changing things to avoid those extra crowds.

mikala
05-24-2015, 12:12 AM
We just returned from a trip. It is 3 per day but once you use those you can get a 4th at a kiosk. We did that for extra rides or fireworks viewing in the evening.

We used the touringplans subscription /app and it was definitely worth it for us. I was skeptical at first but was pleasantly surprised at how accurate it was. It helped us to prioritize which rides to start with. In a few cases we ended up switching our fast passes to other rides because we hit the rides with quick standby times using the app. We usually rode in standby lines for the first few hours and booked our fast passes for 1130 on when the standby lines get crazy.

niccig
05-24-2015, 01:09 AM
We just returned from a trip. It is 3 per day but once you use those you can get a 4th at a kiosk. We did that for extra rides or fireworks viewing in the evening.

We used the touringplans subscription /app and it was definitely worth it for us. I was skeptical at first but was pleasantly surprised at how accurate it was. It helped us to prioritize which rides to start with. In a few cases we ended up switching our fast passes to other rides because we hit the rides with quick standby times using the app. We usually rode in standby lines for the first few hours and booked our fast passes for 1130 on when the standby lines get crazy.

Is the subscription/app worth it if we already have our fastpass reservations? We go in 10 days and just went on today to do fastpass+ (I know way too late), so we didn't have many options for things? If we could put those in, then work around those, will we be able to get a lot in?

WatchingThemGrow
05-24-2015, 06:45 AM
There's a cheat sheet posted somewhere here that you can use to tell the more popular
/longest lines rides. You can pick from those as they show up on MDE . We used 5 additional fast passes after our original. 3 ran out ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikala
05-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Is the subscription/app worth it if we already have our fastpass reservations? We go in 10 days and just went on today to do fastpass+ (I know way too late), so we didn't have many options for things? If we could put those in, then work around those, will we be able to get a lot in?
I think it was still worth it for us. The subscription was maybe $10 and helped us optimize the order of things to reduce walking and waiting times even aside from fast passes. We had a really last minute trip too and got our FP anywhere from a week to the night before. It obviously varies based on crowd levels but we still got into all of the rides we wanted except for Seven Dwarves in Magic Kingdom. That booked up at least a week in advance and standby lines were 40-90 minutes the entire time we were in MK. Toy Story Midway in HS was also tricky but we kept checking and a time eventually opened up.

rkold
05-24-2015, 10:49 AM
I love the Touring Plans app, and I think for slightly more money you can get WDW+DL. So if you visit both parks it can come in handy. I am thinking of adding DL to my subscription since we're thinking of going soon.

About the only thing I find the app is not accurate for is it underestimates how popular Town Square Mickey is and how long that line can be. The cheat sheet somewhere was sharing earlier was more accurate for that. If your DC doesn't care about characters consider yourself lucky.

It's also easier to sometimes get 1 or 2 FPs than larger #s. I've picked up single FP+s for things like TSM that day. If you're a group of 3, after using the FP+s you have, you can go to a kiosk with a CM and they might be able to get you an attraction by breaking down your group. (Like you and DC for 4-5 for TSM and DS 4:30-5:30.) So you would all just need to go between 4:30-5 to ride together. Kids under 7 can not be separately FP+ booked except at kiosks by CMs.

In general, Fantasmic is relatively easy to get as a FP+ and Illuminations wasn't too bad either. The parades and fireworks in MK were harder to get but I was not that impressed with the Fireworks viewing area in MK. If I have more than 1 day at MK, I will book a parade sometimes.

Good luck and have fun!

candaceb
05-24-2015, 11:01 AM
I definitely thought Touring Plans was worth it. My family thought I was a wizard the way we zipped through the parks in the morning, following their plans. We used their recommended method of waiting until late morning/early afternoon when the parks get busier to use FP+ for the most part. The exception was the evening that we had dinner at Ohana. We had been at a different park in the morning and went to MK after dinner and had our fastpasses lined up for that time.

niccig
05-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone. We'll get the app. We're also doing Universal, so will add that on to it. We spent all of last night working out which day in which park based on events and then got our fast passes+. We'll change things up depending on what happens each day.