PDA

View Full Version : What/when are good deals on mindstorm

LAMom
06-16-2015, 12:41 PM
My son begged for a robotics summer camp and now of course wants Lego Mindstorm. It is about 350 on Amazon. I remember seeing past discussions on deals but can't find anything recent. Do they ever go on sales? Are there websites with periodic coupons that have them?
He also wants the wonder workshop dash robot. It's 169 on Amazon. Anyone have any experience with it?

hellokitty
06-17-2015, 12:38 AM
They don't go on sale. We basically asked my parents to give it to my kids as a Christmas gift.

KrisM
06-17-2015, 05:52 AM
DS1 has the older version and there were a few times the price would drop on Amazon, but it would stay at that price for a few hours only, so you have to really watch. But, from looking at camelcamelcamel, the new one hasn't moved at all.

iaam
06-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Can you use a coupon at Barnes and Noble? A few months ago they had a 40% off educational items (or something like that) that I was able to use. I think I got very lucky, but may be worth looking into.

SnuggleBuggles
06-17-2015, 08:48 AM
I used a 20% off coupon at our local Learning Express when I bought ours. I won't gripe about the fact that a few months later our model was discontinued and heavily discounted...or that it never, ever gets played with.