PDA

View Full Version : What underwear for clingy summer dresses?

alootikki
06-17-2015, 10:05 PM
I am pear-shaped with a definite booty! I love wearing maxi dresses and other jersey dresses in the summer, but find that in most dresses I have VPL! Just the nature of how the dress drapes against my back, I guess. Is there something in between regular undies and full-on Spanx type underwear that would work in this situation? Anyone have recs for specific microfiber boy shorts that work well? Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
06-17-2015, 10:08 PM
I have a pair of Reebok no seam workout underwear. They really work well. I have some good thongs too.
Eta- a reason I like the Reebok ones is that they are seem less even at waist so no show up there too. They really are invisible v

mikala
06-17-2015, 11:07 PM
I either wear Soma vanishing edge hipsters or Jockey slipshorts with clingy dresses. The hipsters are they only underwear I've found that doesn't cause VPL on my similarly shaped frame.

I usually buy the slip shorts at Target. They are microfiber and smooth but aren't constructive like Spanx.

wendibird22
06-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Soma vanishing edge hipsters here too. They don't ride up and they don't give VPL. I'm pear shaped and carry my weight in my lower booty/upper thighs so most underwear cuts right across the widest part and cut in give me VPL. These do not. I adore them.

marinkitty
06-18-2015, 03:06 PM
I usually wear my regular Hanky Panky thongs but for something really clingy I have a couple of pairs of vanishing edge hipsters.

AnnieW625
06-21-2015, 02:02 PM
I love a thong with a slimmer short for casual came work dresses. My Hanes slimmer short is 6 yrs. old and still my favorite, although I did recently but a potential replacement from Jockey, but still prefer the Hanes one. The Natori panties I bought at the Nordstrom sale last year are also vpl free. I don't like all of those panties that have adhesive like material and stick to your butt. For more dressier fitted dress occasions I wear one of two Maidenform wear your own bra slips.