PDA

View Full Version : Take home outfits and August babies?

AngB
06-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Did you get something new for each of your kids as a take home outfit? This baby will be our 3rd boy so I can find something we haven't used as a take home outfit before and use that (especially since my friend had an August baby and gave me all her hand-me-downs), but I feel kind of bad about it, but then again, it's not like he'd ever even know (and probably wouldn't care anyway.)

Also, anyone have a mid-August baby? What do you dress them in to go home in and for the first few weeks? It is usually scorching hot in mid August here, but we will be in air conditioning almost all of the time. (My car even has remote start so it will be cooled off before he even goes in it.) I am thinking just maybe a lighter weight sleeper type stuff but is that too heavy for August? We like keeping the house cooler (like 70ish). Our other boys were April and Oct babies so we aren't used to this summer newborn stuff.

SnuggleBuggles
06-18-2015, 03:56 PM
New outfit each.
Summer ds wore mostly onesies or sleepers. He seemed comfy.

Mopey
06-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Mopey was given a sweet little fleece footie by my dad so I thought I'd go for something similar in cotton for this baby. I'll pick neutral since I'm just not motivated enough to get a boy and girl one and return after :bag Same little buzzing bees cotton hat will be worn home though. ETA: I am guessing this new bean will wear loads of the plain onesies we've got and maybe a little more if the AC is on....

hillview
06-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Clothes from Janie and Jack for coming home. After that it really depended on the weather. He spent a lot of time in onesies. Like these
http://www.diapers.com/p/gerber-5-pack-onesies-baby-boy-991692?site=CA&sku=GBC-854&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=GBC-854&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw=&cvosrc=cse.google.GBC-854&cvo_crid=42635803057&kpid=GBC-854

BDKmom
06-18-2015, 04:26 PM
I had boy then girl, so I did put each in something new. DS was a February baby, so he was in a footed sleeper and a hat. DD was a May baby, so pretty sure she was in a snap up creeper type outfit. Used the Aden and Anais muslin blankets a lot with her. I am not the type to really care about coming home outfits, though, and DH and I were the only ones there, so no one else even saw what they were wearing except in pictures.

swissair81
06-18-2015, 04:54 PM
I have two August girls. They both wore cotton outfits and hats home. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18/dec60a5634a83cec288d0f269a9a6524.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18/390eee6089ca1d5e686bde53d0638cdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swissair81
06-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Adding that if this baby is a girl, I will have many, many outfits and will definitely not be wearing anything new for a car ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MommyAllison
06-18-2015, 06:27 PM
Mine all wore the same outfit. At the time, I definitely wasn't thinking any of them would want it someday for their kids, if they do I guess we'll figure it out then. I'd go with something you like, whether it's something from one of your other two, a HMD from your friend, or something new. Since brand new babies don't regulate their temp well, I wouldn't be afraid to go with long sleeve cotton stuff for the coming home outfit.

PZMommy
06-18-2015, 10:02 PM
I've had July and August babies. Both came home in a onesie and pants. My oldest (July) just wore onesies. My younger (August) was a preemie, and he wore mostly wore onesies when at home, but put on pants when we were out places.

georgiegirl
06-18-2015, 10:39 PM
I never got my kids special take home outfits. Ds2 did wear the same sleeper ds1 wore. Both of my boys were summer babies...mid July and mid August. They wore a variety of clothes, from sleepers to one piece rompers to just a onesie.

candaceb
06-18-2015, 10:52 PM
After losing my first baby, it was a very big deal to me to have a take home baby. So I went all out.

klwa
06-19-2015, 08:31 AM
New outfit for each kid.

All three of mine are mid August to mid September babies. They wore simple Carter's cotton sleepers, with a onesie underneath. I didn't worry about the few seconds we were going to be outside. (DH had to bring the car around so we didn't have to worry about the car being too warm, and all three kids were supposed to be strapped into their car seat before we went outside to meet DH.)

AnnieW625
06-20-2015, 03:28 PM
The outfit I had picked out for DD1 was huge on her, it was a cute neutral outfit with teddy bears that would have fit an 8-9lb baby boy better than a 6lb. little girl. The only other outfit I brought was one of those sleeper gowns so she wore that home and that first week was the one and only time she wore a sleeper gown, she hated them. I ended up giving the collection of sleeper gowns to a friend who had a baby a few months later. Dd1 ended up wearing the coming home outfit a few weeks later when she finally weighed 8lbs for her birth announcement photo.

For Dd2 she wore a sleep n play with ducks on it. Thankfully that time I I brought a variety of sizes and being 6lbs 3 oz I was glad I brought a newborn or 0-3 mos. outfit.

Both of my girls were born in April.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/20/c1f089fba27e2748b4c1f0bfe7c3fe8e.jpg

acmom
06-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Mine both had a new outfit (but we knew gender and one girl, one boy). Both were summer babies and wore lightweight cotton but long sleeves/pants. DD had a little long sleeve snap top and pants and DS had a one piece without feet, both were pretty much a solid color which I liked for pictures. And luckily I had newborn stuff bc even that was big for my 2 peanuts (the 3 month stuff was huge!)

As for what my summer babies worn on a daily basis at home, a lot of cotton onesies with or without little cotton pants, those little creeper outfits and lightweight sleepers.

mikala
06-20-2015, 10:09 PM
My July baby wore a cotton long sleeved sleeper home but mostly wore cotton short sleeve onesies and pants at home.

marymoo86
06-22-2015, 03:25 PM
New outfit for each.

DD2 was a Sept baby but still hot here. She wore a cute Zutano shortie romper I found last minute at Amazon.

sunnyside
06-23-2015, 02:09 AM
I like a simple soft cotton sleeper, with either no design and just a simple pastel color, or a really simple pattern.

JBaxter
06-28-2015, 05:39 AM
Each of my 4 had a new and special outfit to come home in. I still have each of those outfits saved. It was a special day for us all 4 times