PDA

View Full Version : cloth liners?

♥ms.pacman♥
07-01-2015, 01:22 AM
anyplace good to buy from, that ships to the US? i did a search here and it sounds like this year many of the mom-n-pop places from etsy (homestead emporium) no longer ship to the US bc of lame FDA regulations. :(

i recently switched to Diva cup and just looking for liners to use as backup, and also for non-period days. i actually have a stash of Lunapads I bought YEARS ago which i used to use a ton, but i don't have very many thin liners/light pads. And while they were nice, looking for something softer, more like velour. I bought cloth wipes for DC's from someone on hyena cart years ago, and DD still uses them to this day, so something like that material...

Melaine
07-01-2015, 06:47 AM
you can get one free (plus shipping) at partyinmypants which is my favorite brand. http://partypantspads.com/collections/sale/products/cloth-pad-curious-giveaway

All of mine are either from Rachel's Legal Pads (now closed), PIMP, lunapads (least favorite), and a few I made which are just ok. I would like to make more if I ever work down my sewing list.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-01-2015, 09:37 PM
you can get one free (plus shipping) at partyinmypants which is my favorite brand. http://partypantspads.com/collections/sale/products/cloth-pad-curious-giveaway

All of mine are either from Rachel's Legal Pads (now closed), PIMP, lunapads (least favorite), and a few I made which are just ok. I would like to make more if I ever work down my sewing list.

thanks for this!! i just signed up to get a free Demi Liner. i chose the flannel..hope it works out!

wencit
07-01-2015, 11:29 PM
If you need more, I believe Pink Lemonade (www.pinklemonadeshop.com) still ships to the US. She has lots of velour and minky options.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-01-2015, 11:36 PM
If you need more, I believe Pink Lemonade (www.pinklemonadeshop.com (http://www.pinklemonadeshop.com)) still ships to the US. She has lots of velour and minky options.
thanks so much!! i just went to the site and ordered a few of the bamboo velour pantyliners & light pads. i got one of each of the different widths/lengths to try out. love the dye colors/patterns she has! anyway, hope at least one these work out..then i will just place another order.

oneplustwo
07-03-2015, 09:45 PM
I know you already ordered, but just wanted to chime in that I have a lot of pads from Pink Lemonade and they're great.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-07-2015, 11:58 PM

Just want to say thank you again Melaine for this rec..just got my free liner today in the mail...yay! i like how it is very thin and lightweight.

i have Lunapads but they are rather thick and tend to chafe. the ones i have are also 10 years old (maybe got ~7 years of solid use, as i didn't use them while pregnant and other times) and they seem rather worn out. this PIMP brand seems pretty good..will porbably order a few more while i wait for the pink lemonade ones too. thanks again!!

♥ms.pacman♥
07-25-2015, 12:09 AM
just wanted to post an update/review in case anyone is interested! After getting free liner from Party in My Pants (PiMP) i ordered a few more. I also ordered some from Pink Lemonade shop.

Party in My Pants (PiMP) pads
- OMG, love these..they are SO thin!!! Maybe bc it's triple-digit, sweltering weather at the moment, but this is a huge plus IMO. They are thin but seem like they can absorb a decent amount/less likely to leak bc they have that nylon backing. I love this about them. Lunapads liners that i have would easily leak through and on top of that were bulky..i think these are definitely better.
-they also ship pretty fast. I was shocked at how fast i got my free sample and then my order..with 3-4 days maybe? And shipping isn't pricey..$4 and it is free over $50.
-Only downside i would say is the price..the cheapest ones (liners) are $10, and even small pads are $13

Pink Lemonade shop
-I finally got these last week, in bamboo velour. i tried mini liner, liner, then up to light pad. They are nice and SOOoo soft and i love the colors/design...however look/feel a bit bulky even for the smallest liner. The velour is soo comfy though! they definitely look "warm and fuzzy." maybe in winter i will feel differently? LOL.
-shipping for these takes a while. i ordered mine on July 1, and didn't get my order until July 18! i think this is definitely more of a mom-n-pop/etsy than PiMP which has stuff in stock and ships the next day.
-price is pretty good.. the mini liner was only $6 and most of the liners/light pads were under $10

in any case, i like both but i think the PiMP ones are my fave as i intend to use these mostly as backup for the Divacup/every day use.

trentsmom
07-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Thanks for your reviews. I've been following this thread and checking out all of the links. I'll have to order a sample from PiMP to see if they work for me.