PDA

View Full Version : Keep your sick kid home!

klwa
07-06-2015, 09:08 AM
DH's family was having a big gathering for the Fourth. On the second his SIL starts posting on Facebook about how sick their 1 year old is. (Stomach issues) On the third, she posts that she's so concerned she's taking him to the ER. He's released later that evening. On the fourth, their whole family walks into the family reunion. Oh, he's MUCH better now! Until he has lower intestinal issues just as we're all getting ready to leave. And even that was "MUCH better than earlier today!" ARGH! If your kid shouldn't be at daycare, they shouldn't be at the family party with multiple other kids around!

georgiegirl
07-06-2015, 09:10 AM
I agree! I hope no one ends up puking in 48 hours. If so, I'd confront her.

AngB
07-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Ugh, ridiculous!

PZMommy
07-06-2015, 11:19 AM
I'd be livid! My younger DS has health issues, and I would have grabbed him and we would have left. I'd make a big fuss about it too. If your kid is so sick they are going to the ER, they are too sick for a family reunion. Some people have no courtesy!!

KrisM
07-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Yuck. That is really not fun.

I felt pretty bad when DS1 was throwing up at a family event on Friday afternoon. However, he was not at all sick before that, so I had no reason to not have him there. Fortunately, he was also fine the rest of the day and the weekend and still is. I have no idea what it was and I don't think anyone will get sick from him. I'd feel badly if they do, but I don't know what I could have done differently. If that had been Thursday before we left, it would have been different.

Mikey0709
07-06-2015, 11:47 AM
My cousin and her kids left our party friday night asking me if i had kids ibuprofen. Both her kids had headaches/feverish. We figured they overdid it running around outside and not eating/drinking enough cause they seemed fine earlier. By Sunday night (2 days later).... my first came down with a headache/fever, and now this morning my 2nd kid is moaning.

Gotta love families who share! NOT! I guess it's something viral going around.....

gatorsmom
07-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Ugh, I hate when I hear about people bring their sicknesses to share with everyone else! I also understand though, how it's not always easy to avoid. Hope your family stays well!

klwa
07-07-2015, 08:10 AM
So far, we're all well, so hopefully we're out of the possible sickness zone.

Corie
07-07-2015, 01:53 PM
This is a huge pet peeve of mine as well.