PDA

View Full Version : Found New Underskirt Shorts!

StantonHyde
07-19-2015, 02:31 PM
A couple of years ago I posted about the Nike 3" compression shorts that I liked wearing under dresses/skirts. The first 3 pair I bought in the store were/are great. The other 3-4 pairs I bought online are just too tight and roll up at the legs all the time. Buying a larger size didn't help--they actually roll up more at the leg!

I had been looking at LE shorts. I finally took the plunge and bought these. http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-activewear-control-shorts/id_277188?sku_0=::BLA

They are awesome! They fit looser than the Nike ones--but not too loose. They don't roll at the legs or the waist. They are very comfy. The only issue is that the material is thicker. They are definitely shorts that could be worn as workout shorts whereas I think of the Nikes as underwear. (although I have seen people running in them) So they may not work as well in humid/hot climates. But I am really loving them.

Just thought I would pass that along to everyone who wears skirts/dresses in the summer!

mikala
07-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check these out. I usually wear the Nike ones under skirts (probably from your rec years ago!) but I'm pg and the waistband is won't stay put on or under my belly and it always looks lumpy under clothes. These look like they might be better at staying put if I size up for the waist.

legaleagle
07-30-2015, 10:17 AM
The jockey slipshorts are great too! They're more the thickness of spanx/pantyhose but very soft and comfortable.

Mostly I'm bitter that no one seems to make maternity ones.

azazela
07-31-2015, 07:49 AM
I'll have to check those out! I wear these that I ordered some years ago from Walmart and love them. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Women-s-Bike-Shorts-2-pack/13985934

mikala
07-31-2015, 09:10 AM
The jockey slipshorts are great too! They're more the thickness of spanx/pantyhose but very soft and comfortable.

Mostly I'm bitter that no one seems to make maternity ones.
I like the Jockey slipshorts too but the aren't working with the belly this time around :( they either show as a line across it or roll around if I try to push them under it. Your mention of Spanx reminded me to mention that I got a pair of maternity Spanx for a wedding and really like them. I mostly wanted something smooth that would keep me from accidentally flashing people. They are really nice, not too constrictive.