07-24-2015, 04:19 PM
have i missed this years sale??

WatchingThemGrow
07-24-2015, 06:38 PM
I feel like it was much later in the "season" last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corie
07-24-2015, 09:32 PM
I think it is around the 2nd week of August.

lovemydeals
07-24-2015, 10:13 PM
I'm waiting for this too!

lovemydeals
07-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Hey - if you have an Office Depot or Office Max, in tomorrow's ad, they are going to have 12 ticonderoga pencils for $1.00. Its the same price as the walgreens deal except you get 2 more. However, these are not sharpened!

zukeypur
07-25-2015, 06:41 PM
I would just settle for the Office Max/Depot deal and save the Walgreens pencils for next year if it comes up. I just went through the ad scans for the next two weeks (thru 8/8), and I didn't see the Ticonderoga pencils at all. I'm not sure when they will have the next week's ad scans up.

eagle
07-25-2015, 08:40 PM
i think ill try to grab a bunch at the officemax/depot (i had no idea they merged). unsharpened is fine. thanks!!!

carolinacool
07-25-2015, 11:56 PM
Do pencils have to be sharpened? I was asking DH today when we were at Staples? Teacher's preference?

calebsmama03
07-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Do pencils have to be sharpened? I was asking DH today when we were at Staples? Teacher's preference?

Depends on the teacher/school. One year we had to have 5 dozen sharpened pencils. Times 2 kids and I was kicking myself for not buying pre sharpened. Now I make sure to snag them when I can!

carolinacool
07-26-2015, 12:19 AM
Hmmm. OK, the teacher didn't specify. She actually didn't specify a certain brand, either. But I know Ticonderoga gets a lot a lot around on BBB, so I figured I'd just start there. Maybe I'll just get a very small box of sharpened, and then two or three of the deal at Office Depot. I figure the classroom should have a pencil sharpener.

lovemydeals
07-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Hmmm. OK, the teacher didn't specify. She actually didn't specify a certain brand, either. But I know Ticonderoga gets a lot a lot around on BBB, so I figured I'd just start there. Maybe I'll just get a very small box of sharpened, and then two or three of the deal at Office Depot. I figure the classroom should have a pencil sharpener.

Ours asked for sharpened and the kids are required to supply their own handheld pencil sharpener. The class had an electric pencil sharpener, but only the teacher can use it.

It might be worthwhile to get an electric sharpener for home. Last year, Amazon had this electric sharpener for $11.99 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZMWI6S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00. Great reviews and works well.

boogiemom
07-26-2015, 08:14 AM
As a former teacher, please send in sharpened pencils. The chaos of 25 kids all wanting to sharpen all the new pencils in the first days of school is incredibly disruptive. So much better to have kids come into class and be ready to go.

KrisM
07-26-2015, 08:42 AM
It's never been specified, but I've always sent the kids with sharpened pencils so they are ready to go the first day. I've bought sharpened and unsharpened. I sharpen at home if needed.

icunurse
07-26-2015, 09:13 AM
Thanks for shaping the info about Office Depot. Just placed an online order for in-store pick-up. My kids still need a crazy number of pencils, so this deal was even less expensive than store brand pencils. Thanks!

carolinacool
07-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Oh, sure! I meant I would send in a few sharpened the first day. But after I posted, I came across a bunch of teacher sites-- sharpened pencils and associated sharpening rules are a big deal! Lol I will send them ALL sharpened.

I know these will all likely go in a community box. But after all this chasing down, DS better not end up with a Halloween pencil from a party favor bags. Lol

cmo
07-26-2015, 09:40 AM
I would just settle for the Office Max/Depot deal and save the Walgreens pencils for next year if it comes up. I just went through the ad scans for the next two weeks (thru 8/8), and I didn't see the Ticonderoga pencils at all. I'm not sure when they will have the next week's ad scans up.

Where are you able to see ad scans for future weeks? This would come in handy!

zukeypur
07-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Where are you able to see ad scans for future weeks? This would come in handy!

Iheartwags.com and iheartcvs.com

eagle
07-26-2015, 02:01 PM
im glad i asked early and this office depot/max offer came up. though id like to have them presharpened, im happy to have these as well. i am also glad someone posted about ordering them and picking them up. i JUST did it! thanks so much! i will keep an eye out on the walgreens ads, though and pick a couple up when/if they do go on sale.

carolinacool
07-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Yes, thank you! I picked up five packages for a total of 60 pencils. I don't really have a budget for a $30 plus pencil sharpener right now, and some of the cheaper ones have poor ratings on Amazon. I just picked up a cheapie handheld one, and I'll sharpen a few at a time until there's a good deal on an electric one. He only needs to start school with two packages.

Gracemom
07-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Great deal at Office Depot! I got 4 boxes of pencils. And spirals for 25 cents and folders for 30 cents.

lovemydeals
07-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Yes, thank you! I picked up five packages for a total of 60 pencils. I don't really have a budget for a $30 plus pencil sharpener right now, and some of the cheaper ones have poor ratings on Amazon. I just picked up a cheapie handheld one, and I'll sharpen a few at a time until there's a good deal on an electric one. He only needs to start school with two packages.

If I happen to see a deal on an electric pencil sharpener, I'll try and remember to post it.

ellas_mom
07-26-2015, 07:55 PM
have i missed this years sale??

I think it's usually around mid-August.

baymom
07-26-2015, 10:47 PM

I was planning to take the 2 dozen Ticonderoga pencils on DD's list to work and use the electric sharpener there and get it done quickly. :bag. We have an awesome hand held sharpener at home, but it would take so long to do all those pencils!

carolinacool
07-26-2015, 11:07 PM
I was planning to take the 2 dozen Ticonderoga pencils on DD's list to work and use the electric sharpener there and get it done quickly. :bag. We have an awesome hand held sharpener at home, but it would take so long to do all those pencils!

Ha! I thought about that, too. But then I realized I've never really seen a pencil sharpener in the office. I still might do some sleuthing tomorrow, though. :bag

lovemydeals
07-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Another option if you have a Staples - they price match and give you an extra 10% off. The packaging is different than the one at Office Depot, however, if you pull it online it simply says ticonderoga pencil, #2 soft lead, yellow barrel, box of 12. Staples 12 pack comes in a small rectangular box, but is otherwise identical. So, I was able to get some more for $.90 a box. Once again, these are not sharpened.

squimp
07-31-2015, 02:00 PM
What's the amazing price - is it a dozen for $1? i think Fred Meyer has had that price for the last month - $2.99 for 36 pencils.

rlu
07-31-2015, 04:39 PM
What's the amazing price - is it a dozen for $1? i think Fred Meyer has had that price for the last month - $2.99 for 36 pencils.

It's 10 sharpened pencils for a $1. The Fred Meyer price is awesome but they aren't nation-wide. When I search all that comes up near me are Quik-stops.

squimp
07-31-2015, 07:44 PM
It's 10 sharpened pencils for a $1. The Fred Meyer price is awesome but they aren't nation-wide. When I search all that comes up near me are Quik-stops.

Ah Ok thanks - yes it's a PNW store, owned by Kroger now but still really nice. We have an electric sharpener so there's no need for sharpened. It's just a little project for the kid.

rlu
08-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Ah Ok thanks - yes it's a PNW store, owned by Kroger now but still really nice. We have an electric sharpener so there's no need for sharpened. It's just a little project for the kid.

I believe we shopped at one in Fairbanks, Alaska. Fun store.

Staraglimmer
08-01-2015, 11:18 PM
I believe we shopped at one in Fairbanks, Alaska. Fun store.

There are two really nice Fred Meyer's in Fairbanks. That was the only place I shopped when we lived there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emily_gracesmama
08-03-2015, 01:09 PM
My local shop rite grocery store has 12 packs of them presharpened for $1 was there today.

zukeypur
08-07-2015, 03:00 PM
They will be $.99/10 pack at walgreens next week according to the ad scan from iheartwags

LD92599
08-07-2015, 03:35 PM
They will be $.99/10 pack at walgreens next week according to the ad scan from iheartwags

Just saw them in the ad! But i'll look for the ones first that PP posted in Shoprite 12 pack for $1.00

daniele_ut
08-07-2015, 04:17 PM
We go through a TON of Ticonderoga pencils. I bought a dozen 12 packs at Costco last year for less than $10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zukeypur
08-07-2015, 06:54 PM
We get a walgreens discount, so i iwll be stocking up on Sunday. We don't have Shoprite here, but we do have tax free weekend this weekend.