PDA

View Full Version : Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE color graphing calculator on sale for $89.99 @ Target

Corie
07-26-2015, 10:14 PM
Just saw this in the Target circular today.

Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE color graphing calculator on sale for $89.99 @ Target

I would take the Target circular to Staples and do their 110% price match guarantee!!

calv
07-27-2015, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Never done the staples price match. What would the staples price be?

Corie
07-27-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Never done the staples price match. What would the staples price be?

If you price match at Staples, then the price should be $80.99.

$89.99 (Target price) subtract the 10% ($8.99) and your new Staples price is $80.99.

I pulled this off the Staples website:
Staples® Back to School 110% Price Match Guarantee valid 6/28/15–9/19/15. If you find a currently available lower price on a new, identical item, show us the lower price when you buy the item at Staples and we will match it plus will discount it by 10% of the difference.

pastrygirl
07-27-2015, 09:00 AM
Just saw it on Slickdeals. Walmart has it at that price, too, and Office Depot/Max might price match.

robinsmommy
07-27-2015, 10:03 AM
Well, that's worth a trip back to Staples for me.....thanks!

ETA - actually, it is on Walmart's site at $88.

Corie
07-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Well, that's worth a trip back to Staples for me.....thanks!

ETA - actually, it is on Walmart's site at $88.

Just an FYI, I looked at the Walmart site. The TI-84 calculator on sale is NOT the color screen version.

The one at Target has the color screen. I'm going to pay the extra $1. to get the full-color screen. :)

robinsmommy
07-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Hmmm. Granted, the color case ones are not on sale at Walmart, but this one sure looks like it to me.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Texas-Instruments-TI-84-Plus-CE-Graphing-Calculator/44662631

I would not have even checked earlier, but the Target site was down for bit this morning. Walmart looks like they are ship to store - dunno if they have them in stock at the stores or not.

Corie
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Hmmm. Granted, the color case ones are not on sale at Walmart, but this one sure looks like it to me.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Texas-Instruments-TI-84-Plus-CE-Graphing-Calculator/44662631

I would not have even checked earlier, but the Target site was down for bit this morning. Walmart looks like they are ship to store - dunno if they have them in stock at the stores or not.

I don't care about having a color case. But I do think I would like to have the color screen.

I don't think any of the ones with the color screen are on sale for $88 at Walmart. Unless I am totally missing them!

The one that you linked in your post above is coming up on my computer as $147.

larig
07-27-2015, 05:49 PM
If you price match at Staples, then the price should be $80.99.

$89.99 (Target price) subtract the 10% ($8.99) and your new Staples price is $80.99.

I pulled this off the Staples website:
Staples® Back to School 110% Price Match Guarantee valid 6/28/15–9/19/15. If you find a currently available lower price on a new, identical item, show us the lower price when you buy the item at Staples and we will match it plus will discount it by 10% of the difference.

I think that by their flyer's language the math would be "10% of the difference"

The difference between the two prices is calculated, and then you get 10 of that difference, so if they are higher by $10, you'd get 10% of $10 or $1 extra on top of them giving you the target price.

Corie
07-27-2015, 08:46 PM
I think that by their flyer's language the math would be "10% of the difference"

The difference between the two prices is calculated, and then you get 10 of that difference, so if they are higher by $10, you'd get 10% of $10 or $1 extra on top of them giving you the target price.

Well, that's a bummer!! But thank you for explaining it to me! :)

briarrose
07-27-2015, 08:47 PM

That is correct. I paid$86.49 at Staples (no sales tax here in DE). However it did spit out a rebate form for $15 to be mailed in. Great deal! Thanks OP!

Corie
07-27-2015, 08:58 PM
That is correct. I paid$86.49 at Staples (no sales tax here in DE). However it did spit out a rebate form for $15 to be mailed in. Great deal! Thanks OP!

I was wondering if the rebate would come through even with doing a price match. That is awesome!!

Edited to correct my wording!!

nabigus
07-27-2015, 09:09 PM
I would take the Target circular to Staples and do their 110% price match guarantee!!

Is there an electronic copy? I don't get the circular but need a calculator and will be near a Staples!

briarrose
07-27-2015, 09:33 PM
I just printed the page from the online circular. It was no problem.

nabigus
07-28-2015, 05:05 PM
I just got one from Staples, and they would only match the $89.99 WITH the rebate. So they would only take the price down to $99.99, and I have to go fill out a rebate form for th other $10. I called their CS--mostly because I was feeling bratty after the guy at the counter was snotty--and they said they consider a rebate that takes a price to matching to be an already-matched price.

So I'd go to Target and save the rebate hassle. It's still a good price,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briarrose
07-29-2015, 05:22 AM
That makes no sense! It also doesn't allow for their added discount that they advertise for 110% guarantee. I can see them not wanting to give the rebate with the price match and the discount, but they should have at least done the price match and the discount to bring the total to $86.49. I'm sorry you had problems. I'd still argue with them to at least get their price match guarantee. My staples gave me no issues and they gave me the rebate forms. I just sent them in, we'll see if corporate honors it.

ECMom
07-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks, OP! Finally bit the bullet & got one. Staples price matched 110% for me -> $86.49. No problems in doing so. I also got the rebate slip that printed out. Ended up getting a blue one since they didn't have the red.

mominma
07-29-2015, 09:21 PM
At what age would a kid need this type of calculator? I am just wondering whether I should be jumping on this. My oldest is entering 9th this year and will be taking honors geometry. Is this something he might need in the near future?

Thanks . . .

robinsmommy
07-29-2015, 09:35 PM
My Staples did the 110% guarantee off Target's price and gave the rebate slip as well. Worth the trip back for $35 in cash....

Mominma, most kids who are taking college bound math classes will need a graphing calculator in high school (and college as well). Dunno about this year for your DS, but it sounds likely like he will need one in the future. I'm pretty sure this one will see DD1 through college, unless she ends up a math major. Might be worth a call to your local HS or other families with kids further ahead in school to see what he would need.

Neatfreak
07-29-2015, 10:24 PM
At what age would a kid need this type of calculator? I am just wondering whether I should be jumping on this. My oldest is entering 9th this year and will be taking honors geometry. Is this something he might need in the near future?

Thanks . . .

My kid needs this calculator for sixth grade!

briarrose
07-30-2015, 04:00 AM
My kid needs this calculator for sixth grade!

My DS is going into sixth and they don't require it, but the school list says they recommend it from sixth through high school. I think I would ask around to other parents.

Corie
07-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Okay, I went to Staples today to buy the calculator. The manager made a huge deal out of checking his computer to get a "real time" ad from Target. Plus, he said
that the item must be in-stock at the brick and mortar Target closest to his store or he wouldn't price match. I've never heard that rule before. Then, after he rang me up,
he would not give me the rebate paperwork. And when I got to my car, I noticed that he only gave me 100% price matching. Not 110%.

So, I was near another Staples this afternoon and I stopped in to try it again. No problems at all. The manager didn't check his computer. He glanced very
quickly at my advertisement and he price-matched the calculator at 110%. Plus, he gave me all the paperwork for the rebate. He didn't even look at it. I was
out of the store in under 5 minutes.

If these rebates comes through, then we got the TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator for $71. Not too shabby!!