PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding American Airlines on mrrebates

american_mama
07-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Last night, I bought several American Airlines tickets on aa.com, clicked through mrrebates.com to get there. Can someone explain to me what benefit I am likely to get? This is what showed up on mrrebates.com

American Airlines [Add to Favorites] [Open in New Window] Restrictions
$1.00 Rebate
Book your flight with American Airlines and receive a cash back rebate. Cash Back Rebate is per order not per ticket. Usage of AAdvantage Miles as form of payment will not generate a cash back rebate.

Is the rebate supposed to have been on aa.com (didn't see it) or will it be credited to my mrrebates account? Most importantly, what supposed ratio is it... surely it's not just a $1 rebate (whooptie do). Is $1 per $100 spent or something?

Lastly, if it is on my mrrebates account, when will it show up as pending? It is not there currently, but it hasn't even been 24 hours since I bought the tickets.

I will be mad if the rebate is decent and I don't get it. I had entered all our information directly in aa.com, then remembered mrrebeates, so I deliberately stopped, opened mreebates, clicked the link to aa.com and booked the tickets through that. But I think every so often I do that and mrrebates still doesn't capture it.

ett
07-28-2015, 05:26 PM
I think it's just a $1 rebate per order. It will go into your mr. rebates account. It does sometimes take a few days to show up as pending.

TwoToTote
07-28-2015, 10:13 PM
I think it's just a $1 rebate per order. It will go into your mr. rebates account. It does sometimes take a few days to show up as pending.

Yup. I second that.

american_mama
07-29-2015, 01:30 AM
Yup. I second that.

Why would they bother with such a tiny rebate for any product, much less on airline tickets costing hundreds? It's like a fraction of a percent. And when does mrrebates offer $ amounts instead of %? It makes me more mad than no benefit at all.

mikala
07-29-2015, 05:24 AM
Why would they bother with such a tiny rebate for any product, much less on airline tickets costing hundreds? It's like a fraction of a percent. And when does mrrebates offer $ amounts instead of %? It makes me more mad than no benefit at all.
I just checked ebates out of curiosity and didn't see a flight deal for AA but Expedia is $1.25 for flights.
http://www.ebates.com/coupons/expedia/index.htm

Orbitz is $2.25. http://www.ebates.com/coupons/orbitz/index.htm

A couple of the international airlines seem to be a percent but in a quick check the dollar amount doesn't seem unheard of.

They probably figure it's more attractive than nothing and the site likely gets some commission from the airline but less than the percentages we're used to for retail since airline margins can be different.