PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Anna and Elsa in Disneyland/characters in general

rkold
07-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Hi! We go to WDW all the time, so I know where all the characters are and which characters meet. However, I only go to Disneyland once every few years (usually combined with a visit to family on the West Coast) and the DL website is not quite as helpful as I like.

So Anna and Elsa meet in Disney California Adventure now and you must FP them? Or is there also a standby line? And do you need a separate FP for Olaf, or? And is it a Meet-n-Greet with Anna and Elsa or just them welcoming you to the park? (which is very skippable.)

Also, are Thor/Captain America still meeting in Disneyland or is their Meet n Greet finished?

I'm just trying to figure out how to meet Anna+Elsa, ride the Cars ride and see World of Color. (DD is just barely 40 inches now and she slept through World of Color last time we were in CA.) We don't need to do the First Time in Forever Sing Along. I've done it 3x in FL already.

Thank you in advance!

PZMommy
07-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Thor and CaptainAmerica are still in Tomorrowland according to the DL website. I checked yesterday for that for my boys. I didn't look at any others, since they really aren't into meeting the characters.

rkold
07-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Thor and CaptainAmerica are still in Tomorrowland according to the DL website. I checked yesterday for that for my boys. I didn't look at any others, since they really aren't into meeting the characters.

I could have sworn someone here on the board said they weren't meeting anymore and that the website is wrong. ~.~ I would really like to know one way or another since we like meeting *EVERYONE*

PZMommy
07-29-2015, 01:37 PM
I could have sworn someone here on the board said they weren't meeting anymore and that the website is wrong. ~.~ I would really like to know one way or another since we like meeting *EVERYONE*

Ugh! I would hope they would fix that if they weren't meeting people. My boys aren't into the princess thing, and most of the characters they really care about (Pixar ones), are all at California Adventure which we aren't doing this trip. They will be so bummed, as I already told them about Thor and Captain America.

Tenasparkl
07-29-2015, 01:58 PM
I saw Captain America a few days ago in Tomorrowland. There's a marked area to meet the Avengers (sort of near Jedi Training Academy) and I think it starts at 10AM, not when the park opens. I'm sure you can ask the attendant if they alternate Capt. America and Thor, but they didn't seem to be out there together. They used to be Innoventions and that's closed for remodeling, so I do think that for a little while they weren't around.

As for Anna & Elsa and Olaf, we had really good luck meeting all of them right when the park opened. We had an extra magic hour and walked right into meet A & E first, then went over to see Olaf and had the whole snowy area to ourselves. We realized that we forget to get autographs and went right back to Anna and Elsa again. Good luck!

also - Olaf is in a different spot than A & E, but it isn't far away. He's just across the street.

pharmjenn
07-29-2015, 11:08 PM
We were at DL end of June. At that time, both Thor and Cap were out together, with one line getting you to both.
Anna and Elsa require a fastpass. There is no standby line. But we went in at night and there was absolutely no one in line. DS7 wanted to see them and we were welcomed right in to see them. I don't know if that is normal.
We last saw Olaf a few minths ago, and were able to walk in and wait about 10 minutes. But that was when the anow play area was still open, and I don't know what they do now.

lalasmama
07-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Last month:

Marvel men (Thor, Cpt America, and [can't remember the 3rd one]) met in their own meet-n-greet area in Tomorrowland, at the Tomorrowland Landing store, I think it's called. Forgive me, I'm trying to remember clearly, and I'm tired :) But, they have their own m-n-g area in Tomorrowland, painted and everything, around the side of that store that's in the middle of TL.

As for A+E, I don't remember seeing a regular stand-by line, just the FP line. Their area in Animation Academy is decked out to look like the great hall area, complete with the "tick-tock" clock from "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?" I can't remember where Olaf was meeting; I hadn't looked for him last month.

My general thoughts/plan for your to-do list: Head to RSR FP at rope drop. Then over to A+E M-n-G for FP (or standby if that's what they are doing at that point). Grab a WOC FP when you are in that area. Then head over to DL, and meet the Marvel men, if you choose.

On a side note, have you considered watching the late Paint The Night parade in Disneyland? It's a fun night time parade. The DL Forever fireworks are pretty neat too (movies projected onto buildings during the show!).

rkold
08-07-2015, 12:40 PM
OK we are back and met Thor+Cap and A+E and Olaf. Unfortunately, our first autograph book is MIA with Olaf's autograph, but hopefully it is found. I am seriously not impressed with DL though since when we lost our book in WDW they immediately gave us a voucher for a new one vs. the "Oh, well, buy yourself a new one" attitude at DL. So not cool. Our crappy hotel had pay internet I could not get to work. While I mostly love our Pay as you go phone plan, it stinks when you are in a hotel with no internet.

Thor+Cap do indeed meet at 10 near the former People Mover. We got in line around 9:50 and only waited about 20 minutes. They were both awesome.

We met Olaf near park opening in DCA. The A+E FP is a joke. You get a FP that then allows you to stand in a long line inside. It was a 45 minute wait. The only good thing I can say about it, is it was air conditioned.

We don't do park hopping in CA, it's not worth it to pay additional for the tickets for us. It's more than easy enough to do 1 park each day. We also are always with 1 person who hates the parks, so can't just hop over to DCA because it has better food than DL.

We did ride RSR because DD is finally 40 inches! We saw the FW one night from our hotel and World of Color another. I saw the 2nd Paint the Night Parade and part of the fireworks in the park, but the parades in general were just too late for a 4 year old that refuses to nap. Even the daytime parades were super late. I skipped Fantasmic because DD got scared of it in FL and we can always just do it there when she is ready.

Thanks everyone!

PZMommy
08-07-2015, 09:36 PM
I agree the parades are too late. I know my DS would have LOVED the Mickey Spectacular Musical Parade at DL, but with the heat and no nap he was DONE by 3:30ish. We had done all the rides we wanted to, so we called it a day. He was asleep before we even got out of the parking lot. lol

I may take older DS to California Adventure by himself during one of our random Sept days off. He missed not going to Carsland, as we typically do park hopper tickets. Plus he is tall enough to do Soaring and Radiator Spring Racers.

rkold
08-08-2015, 01:47 AM
I agree the parades are too late. I know my DS would have LOVED the Mickey Spectacular Musical Parade at DL, but with the heat and no nap he was DONE by 3:30ish. We had done all the rides we wanted to, so we called it a day. He was asleep before we even got out of the parking lot. lol

I may take older DS to California Adventure by himself during one of our random Sept days off. He missed not going to Carsland, as we typically do park hopper tickets. Plus he is tall enough to do Soaring and Radiator Spring Racers.

Exactly, we were exhausted by 3ish. Between trying to get to the parks for an 8 am opening and the fact SoCal is ridiculously hot and sunny. Maybe if you're from the West it doesn't seem so bad, but for this New Englander, it was insanely hot and sunny. I am still sporting an extremely dramatic and painful sunburn from visiting DL.

When we visit WDW, we never use Early Entry, so arrival time is a much easier 9 am. I am always staying on property and have an AP, so I can easily drive to a park and park for free. From my hotel I had the option to walk 20 minutes or hope a bus came at the right time so I don't miss opening. There also seemed to be a lot fewer security check people. I felt like security check in WDW tends to be faster. It took us 20 or so minute to get through security and get into the park.

Overall, I prefer DCA to Disneyland. Disneyland is just so crowded and everything we want to do doesn't have FP and has long lines out in the blistering sun. It's just unpleasant. I prefer MK to DL with its FP+ and inside waiting areas for princesses. I couldn't believe the line to meet Rapunzel or Merida. It looks like a good 45 minute line in the hot sun.

Though I will say the food at Ariels >>>>> Ashkerus (Norway)+Cinderella's. The food is just so much nicer and they're much more willing to accommodate dietary restrictions. Cindy's has no vegetarian kids meals for lunch or dinner. (Or if they do, they only just got it in!) Though I could have sworn the picture at Ariel's was free, or at least it should be considering how much that meal costs!

Tenasparkl
08-08-2015, 02:12 AM
Exactly, we were exhausted by 3ish. Between trying to get to the parks for an 8 am opening and the fact SoCal is ridiculously hot and sunny. Maybe if you're from the West it doesn't seem so bad, but for this New Englander, it was insanely hot and sunny. I am still sporting an extremely dramatic and painful sunburn from visiting DL.

I live not too far away and the weather recently has been awful for DL. I'd normally never go in the heat and crowds of summer, but we really wanted to see the 60th anniversary stuff.

There used to be two daytime parades, but since they added the late paint the night parade there's only only during the day. It's too bad, because that's usually a nice chance to take a break in the afternoon.