PDA

View Full Version : Ruched T-shirts - only for maternity wear?

alootikki
07-30-2015, 09:33 AM
I just ordered two of these Caslon ruched t-shirts from Nordstroms. I like the way they fit, very flattering - but haven't worn a shirt with ruching like this since I was pregnant! What do you think? Does this look like a maternity shirt?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon-shirred-v-neck-tee-regular-petite-2-for-40/3132547

SnuggleBuggles
07-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Ruching doesn't equal maternity to me. On the model, it just looks like a slightly more interesting shirt

boolady
07-30-2015, 10:01 AM
I don't think they equal maternity, either. I have a tee with side-ruching from Target, and I think it's more flattering than some of mine that just get stretched out and too boxy looking by the end of the day.

legaleagle
07-30-2015, 10:16 AM
I had that shirt from last year and really liked it!

twowhat?
07-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Nope, ruching doesn't equal maternity. However, I've found that ruched anything (swimwear, whatever) REALLY accentuates my post-kids belly. The ruched fabric has a lot of "give" and not a lot of "control so it just expands over that belly bump and I look totally preggo, so I can't wear any ruching anymore and prefer more structured knits.

Mikey0709
07-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Rouching actually works GREAT for my post-baby body! (opposite from above - - everyone is built differently :) ) It seems to hide flaws for me.... so i LOVE it!

Great find!

mikala
07-30-2015, 01:46 PM
It totally depends on your body type. I'm actually wearing the one you linked above for first and second trimester maternity.

I had the same shirt pre-pregnancy and it looked fine then when my stomach was relatively flat but the second I started to gain any baby belly weight the ruching accentuated it. I actually liked it because the ruching helped it look more like a baby belly and less like I just gained weight.

94bruin
07-30-2015, 07:03 PM
I had that shirt from last year and really liked it!

:yeahthat:

baymom
07-30-2015, 08:03 PM
I have 2 that I think are super flattering because they hid my pooch so well. I guess maybe it depends on the cut of the shirt and the shape of your pooch!

elvenstephen
08-08-2015, 04:50 AM
Rouching T Shirts are comfortable during pre maternity and post maternity period. My spouse also used it during pregnancy period and it was quite comfortable during that period. And rest depends on the shape of one's body.