PDA

View Full Version : sports bra/tank recommendations?

khalloc
07-30-2015, 11:19 AM
I bought a few tanks from Athleta but they definitely require some extra coverage. The arm holes are big. Anyways, I am not skinny. I need to lose like 25 pounds. I need either a sports bra or something to wear under these tanks. I am a 38C. Any suggestions? Either a fun color or plain black. I dont like wearing a bra + bottom tank + top shirt because I find that the bra and bottom(tighter) tank end up squeezing me together and giving major cleavage, which I hate. I dont mind a little cleavage that a normal bra gives by itself.

I like underwires. I like a bra that separates. We have an Athleta here, but its small. There is also a Lulumon (never been there) or I could check Macys. Hoping to find something before we leave on vacation tomorrow.

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
07-30-2015, 11:22 AM
Go to somewhere like Dick's. They have a ton. Nike, Reebok, Under Armour. I also like the C9 ones at Target. I got burned on a sports bra at TJ Maxx; indicated high impact but it wasn't. It was cheap though and they have lots at good prices. You just need to investigate well.
Title Nine
ETA- I've never worn 3 layers. I wear a sports bra and a tank or t. Never a middle layer. I'd die of heat!!

marinkitty
07-30-2015, 11:30 AM
I have a bunch of Lulu sports bras that I like and can layer tanks over. They last a long time and wash well.

AnnieW625
07-30-2015, 12:58 PM
I wear Champion sports bras that I get at Costco when they have them, and wear a work out tank (C9 from Target), ribbed cotton tanks or plain 5k t shirts. I am a 36B/small C and I need a large or XL sports bra because I am broad across the back.

ellies mom
07-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Moving Comfort makes a couple of underwire sports bras. I have the Maia that I wear for running. I also like the Fiona (no underwire). They are great but spendy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wendibird22
07-31-2015, 09:16 AM
Love love love Moving Comfort and you can find them at Dicks. The C9 from target are ok...not as supportive and not the greatest fit because I have to do a 34d because they don't carry my size of 32dd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khughes
08-01-2015, 09:47 PM
I really like the Player Sports Bra from VS that I wear for running.

pastrygirl
08-02-2015, 07:32 AM
For sports bras, I like the thicker Nike ones. For bra+tank, the ones I've liked for years are Reebok, which I get from the outlet. They are the only tanks that don't ride up AT ALL.