PDA

View Full Version : Q about Toms shoes

ang79
08-10-2015, 10:17 PM
So I noticed that my local BJs carries the classic Toms in grey for $35. Is this a good price? And if they are selling them at a warehouse store will they be the same quality that everyone seems to love about Toms? For sizing, should I go w/ my normal 7? I tried on a 7 and it was a bit snug, but the 7.5 almost felt too big and if it stretches out at all I think would be floppy.

Has anyone done Toms for WDW? We will be going at the end of Oct. and I'm trying to find a variety of comfy shoes to rotate while we are there. I have a pair of Teva Tiras I'm taking, but even walking in those all day at Hershey Park my legs/feet were a bit achy by the end of the day. Just wondering if Toms would provide enough support to walk in all day?

SnuggleBuggles
08-10-2015, 10:21 PM
I bet they are the regular Toms but I don't know for sure. That's not an amazing price but fine. They stretch so don't buy ones that already feel loose.

I did Toms in Disneyland and much of our CA sightseeing. I did perfectly fine in them. As a bonus, they are so lightweight that I could chuck them in my purse "just in case". They don't have a lot of support but my feet aren't fussy.

Momit
08-11-2015, 08:00 AM
I think that's a decent price - they might be 29.99 when you find them at Nordstrom Rack. Buy the ones that are a little on the tight side and they will stretch. The only exceptions I've found are the crochet and corduroy styles, which haven't stretched as much IME and remain a little snug.

I find Toms to be very comfy for a lot of walking.

ang79
08-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Thanks, maybe I'll give them a go. Was considering getting a pair of these or a pair of Sketchers Go Walk to use for Disney. Can the Toms be thrown in the washing machine if dirty?

Cam&Clay
08-12-2015, 11:16 AM
I wore Tom's to Busch Gardens all day this summer and they were great! I bought the ones from Sam's but haven't worn them yet. I wear a size 7M and buy a 7 in Tom's.

MMMommy
09-11-2015, 08:05 PM
FYI, TOMS is on Zulily right now. Ends in 3 days.

JenChem
09-11-2015, 09:20 PM
I bought a pair of Toms for our anniversary trip to Italy. I swapped between those, some Teva wedges, and Nike tennis shoes. They were nice and light and comfy. Do buy the snug pair, it took me a couple of wears but they did stretch.

ang79
09-11-2015, 09:21 PM
So the only ones I have tried on are the Classic style in either Ash or Black (what they had at my BJ's). I thought they made my foot look long and skinny, I think because the toe is kinda pointy? DD1 (almost 9) commented the same thing while I was trying them on. I have knock-off ones from Target (Mad Love brand) and the toe box is a different shape so doesn't make my toe area look so long and skinny. Anyone else had issues with this?

bostonsmama
09-16-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm a size 9.5, got a 9 in the polka dot linen style. I'm okay with my long feet as it elongates the leg line if you go with a neutral color to your skin color or coordinating color to your pants/leggings. I paid full price for mine and love them, but I would never own more than one pair.

ang79
09-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Hmm, wonder if I should try the 6.5 size instead, maybe the long skinny toe box was too much room, especially if they stretch out.