PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for WDW - Bob or City Mini GT?

jgenie
08-14-2015, 03:54 AM
I'm trying to decide which stroller to rent for our trip. DS2 gets tired easily so having a stroller will make things easier for us. Do you think a Bob single will be too big? Should I stick with the City Mini? We'll be staying at the Poly if that factors in at all. TIA

WatchingThemGrow
08-14-2015, 06:36 AM
For a 5yo? How big is he? Does he fit in a mini still? The seatback is shorter I think. When we took our city mini double (w/regular hard wheels) it was tiring to push with all that weight, and we wish we'd had the city elite double we'd left at home. The next time we went we took the BOB and just had the 6-7yos sit in the little triangle space over the wheel when they needed. Maybe the wheels of the GT would offset the weight when pushing it?

jgenie
08-14-2015, 09:27 PM
For a 5yo? How big is he? Does he fit in a mini still? The seatback is shorter I think. When we took our city mini double (w/regular hard wheels) it was tiring to push with all that weight, and we wish we'd had the city elite double we'd left at home. The next time we went we took the BOB and just had the 6-7yos sit in the little triangle space over the wheel when they needed. Maybe the wheels of the GT would offset the weight when pushing it?

He's 33 lbs and my 7 yo is 44 lbs. I was thinking DS1 could hitch a ride exactly the same way when he needed a break. Thanks!!

acmom
08-15-2015, 06:55 PM
We rented the Double City Mini GT the last 2 times and were happy with it. Last time we had a 4 and 6 year old who weighed in the neighborhood of 40 and 50 lbs and are both on the tall side. They both seemed comfortable when riding. It was a little heavy to push when both kids were in it, but very doable and worth it to us to have a spot for them to rest, snack, sit for parade/fireworks etc. We also were able to park it and walk around various areas and not pick up it up until we were done in that area so it wasn't used constantly like when they were toddlers. So I think you would totally be fine with the size of the single.

jgenie
08-31-2015, 09:28 AM
We're back from Disney and I wanted to update. We ended up renting a Bob single. It was perfect for us. It was a dream to push, easy to maneuver through crowds and when DS1 would get tired he would take the main seat and Ds2 would ride in the footwell. We rented from Kingdom strollers - stroller was very clean.