PDA

View Full Version : Nespresso Virtuoline Bundle $200 on Amazon

anonomom
08-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Found this on Kinja. I have an espresso-only Nespresso machine, so I can't vouch for this one (which makes both coffee and espresso), but it's a good deal, considering the machine alone (without the frother) is selling for the same price from Nespresso directly.

http://www.amazon.com/Nespresso-VertuoLine-Espresso-Aeroccino-Frother/dp/B00ILLV3JC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439919660&sr=8-1&keywords=nespresso+vertuoline

danagee
08-19-2015, 07:07 AM
Does it make sense to buy this now and hold it until Christmas? Is Amazon's return policy good enough?
thanks!

pastrygirl
08-19-2015, 08:37 AM
I have the Vertuoline and think it's OK, but I got tired of the "crema" on the coffee. It's just an inch or two of undrinkable foam. When I make the coffee, I use a cup with a lid so it holds the foam back. But I pretty much use the machine exclusively to make Americanos; I use two espresso pods each time for a big mug of coffee. It's expensive! I'd rather have one of their espresso-only pod machines.

I also couldn't make good iced coffee with it, which was a bummer. I bought a Hario cold brew system for around $16 for iced coffee.

div_0305
08-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Costco is selling this bundle for 179.99 + 9.99 shipping. At my local Costco they have this for 179.99. I just bought it yesterday--really tired of my french press coffee--not sure why, but it just doesn't have the taste to me anymore.

div_0305
08-31-2015, 10:43 AM
I'm updating to say that I'm returning the Nespresso Virtuoline I got at Costco, and getting the lower priced Inissia model instead. I find the Virtuoline footprint too bulky, and so far haven't enjoyed any of the coffee from it. But I liked the espresso, so I want an espresso only, and smaller model. The company's prices make no sense--newer models cost a lot less than older ones, and they apparently have a history of doing that. Plus, it seems the company made the Virtuoline to take new pod sizes on purpose due to its patent on the original pods running out. They were sued by a competitor for pods when they tried to tinker their original line series to reject that company's pods.

I have the Vertuoline and think it's OK, but I got tired of the "crema" on the coffee. It's just an inch or two of undrinkable foam. When I make the coffee, I use a cup with a lid so it holds the foam back. But I pretty much use the machine exclusively to make Americanos; I use two espresso pods each time for a big mug of coffee. It's expensive! I'd rather have one of their espresso-only pod machines.

I agree with this, too. Why should coffee have all that foam? Espresso, yes, but it's bizarre to me to have so much foam on coffee.

ETA: A news article about the business model and competitors:
http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/single-serve-coffee-wars-heat-up/