PDA

View Full Version : Garne Hill girls swim suits $4 per piece quick!

Melaine
08-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Dotd selling out fast. We really like these but they run big IME.

http://www.garnethill.com/sale-clearance/sale-of-the-day/#w=*&af=cat2:saleclearance_saleoftheday%20cat1:saleclea rance

sf333
08-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Thank you so much for posting this! These are my favorite suits for DD and the ones we have will be too small next year. Love these!

jvs195
08-26-2015, 08:22 AM
Oh thank you! They were flying out of my cart, but I think I managed to get 4 swim skirts (DD's favorite style) and 4 tankini tops. I had a free ship email so it was perfect! Hoping I don't get them all cancelled.

TwinFoxes
08-26-2015, 09:20 AM
Thanks Melaine! Their website was going wonky on my phone, and I ended up with an extra top, but I didn't care. My girls have worn these for three-four years now.

Melaine
08-26-2015, 04:11 PM
I have gotten into the habit of logging into Garnet Hill every month or so and adding things to my cart. Then I look for the free shipping email and start watching for a deal like this! It paid off today ;-)

coolae
08-26-2015, 04:35 PM
i would love a free shipping code if anyone has one to spare! :)

jvs195
08-27-2015, 05:59 AM
i would love a free shipping code if anyone has one to spare! :)
I got mine like Melaine said, I log in put items in my cart and then don't purchase. I get an email about forgetting them and check again. The next one was a free shipping link.

khalloc
08-27-2015, 10:01 AM
I used to love these GH swim separates for my DD, but I stopped buying them because of the ruffle. Its pretty babyish and I think looks odd past the age of 5 or 6. Wish they would nix the ruffles.

citymama
08-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Darn it, missed this! Keen whisper kids sandals are $19 - DOTD today - got a a pair for DD2!

azzeps
08-28-2015, 03:43 AM
Keens for $19 is good!

I have my eye on a shirt with a hedgehog artist.... but it is SO EXPENSIVE. Does their stuff ever get marked down before the season is over? Wondering if I could get it for a little less. I think it's like $38, and with shipping on top of that, um, no. I wouldn't even buy myself a t-shirt for that, much less my daughter, who will outgrow it!!!

TwinFoxes
08-28-2015, 08:34 AM
I used to love these GH swim separates for my DD, but I stopped buying them because of the ruffle. Its pretty babyish and I think looks odd past the age of 5 or 6. Wish they would nix the ruffles.

I think they're so cute! The ruffle doesn't bother me. I think the prints aren't especially babyish. Hopefully DDs don't think they're babyish, because that's what they're wearing next summer when they're not wearing their team suits. ;)

calebsmama03
09-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Sorry to bump an older thread but if you ordered the tankini top in a size 8, would you mind measuring the width for me (armpit to armpit)? I ordered dd a 10 for next year and it is huge. She is skinny but this seems crazy. Trying to decide if sizing down to an 8 would work or if these are just like Hanna- cut really wide and will never work for her. Thanks!

I really hope I can make it work because the quality seems great- super thick material and cute design. She is 10 and loves the ruffle, and I also appreciate it. Seems you can get more "mature" suits everywhere but cute things that keep little girls looking like little girls are harder to come by (and, yes, 10 is still a little girl, despite the Justice's of the world trying to make 10 the new 17...).

coolae
09-04-2015, 10:29 AM
i measured my 8 to be 12.75" wide.
hope that helps!

Sorry to bump an older thread but if you ordered the tankini top in a size 8, would you mind measuring the width for me (armpit to armpit)? I ordered dd a 10 for next year and it is huge. She is skinny but this seems crazy. Trying to decide if sizing down to an 8 would work or if these are just like Hanna- cut really wide and will never work for her. Thanks!

I really hope I can make it work because the quality seems great- super thick material and cute design. She is 10 and loves the ruffle, and I also appreciate it. Seems you can get more "mature" suits everywhere but cute things that keep little girls looking like little girls are harder to come by (and, yes, 10 is still a little girl, despite the Justice's of the world trying to make 10 the new 17...).

Melaine
09-04-2015, 10:32 AM

A hair past 13".

Melaine
09-04-2015, 12:49 PM
To elaborate on my answer....I bought a size 8 set for my girls and a size 10 and then an extra skirt for good measure (we like to pair the skirts with cheap rashguards to be found on clearance later). My girls are slim and quite tall for their age (almost 9). They are actually still able to wear their size 6 sets from Garnet Hill so I knew the suits ran large.

The size 8 fits great now and I suspect will fit next summer also. The length is good for them. I am not sure when they will fit into the size 10's. I love the tankini/skirt combo. Last year we did the rashguards and skirts but the tankini top looks so cute with the skirt. My girls are slim but not skinny skinny if that helps you.

calebsmama03
09-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks. My 10 is 13.25 and the 12 is 13.5. If I order an 8 and get one that is 12.75 that would help a bit, but if it ends up a hair over 13 it won't help much. Hmm. DD is currently wearing an 8 rash guard suit from crazy 8 and the top is big. Is seems nuts that I'd get a size 6 but maybe that's what she needs?

I loved the skirts but there were none left in sizes 8-12 when I was trying to order. :(

coolae
09-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Thanks. My 10 is 13.25 and the 12 is 13.5. If I order an 8 and get one that is 12.75 that would help a bit, but if it ends up a hair over 13 it won't help much. Hmm. DD is currently wearing an 8 rash guard suit from crazy 8 and the top is big. Is seems nuts that I'd get a size 6 but maybe that's what she needs?

I loved the skirts but there were none left in sizes 8-12 when I was trying to order. :(

If I were you I might spend $20 or so to have them taken in at a tailor, to get a perfect fit. Sounds like you love the prints and the quality, and it might be worth it to get the *perfect* size. Especially since the 8 is sold out.