PDA

View Full Version : Savvy Kohl's shoppers... help me orchestrate a deal

american_mama
08-30-2015, 09:20 PM
There is a travel pillow at Kohl's that two of my kids want. It's regularly $19.99, don't think I've seen it go on sale. We have the identical pillow bought at Kohl's at 90% for a unique situation; it did not have its packaging and was either mismarked or heavily discounted for that reason. I have not seen it discounted since in the 2 or 3 times I have looked.

What is the cheapest I am likely to be able to buy this pillow for? I am not in a hurry. I rarely have Kohl's cash, but I do have their credit card and get all their offers.

Or would a non-Kohl's source be cheaper? It is available on ebay through ebags (so that five times fast) for $17 shipped. It's on sale at Lord and Taylor for $10 plus $5.95 shipping ($7.95 shipping for two pillows).

This is the item on ebags directly.
http://www.ebags.com/product/samsonite/magic-pillow/249641

mikala
08-30-2015, 11:13 PM
There is a travel pillow at Kohl's that two of my kids want. It's regularly $19.99, don't think I've seen it go on sale. We have the identical pillow bought at Kohl's at 90% for a unique situation; it did not have its packaging and was either mismarked or heavily discounted for that reason. I have not seen it discounted since in the 2 or 3 times I have looked.

What is the cheapest I am likely to be able to buy this pillow for? I am not in a hurry. I rarely have Kohl's cash, but I do have their credit card and get all their offers.

Or would a non-Kohl's source be cheaper? It is available on ebay through ebags (so that five times fast) for $17 shipped. It's on sale at Lord and Taylor for $10 plus $5.95 shipping ($7.95 shipping for two pillows).

This is the item on ebags directly.
http://www.ebags.com/product/samsonite/magic-pillow/249641

Is it in stores or online only? If you wait around a bit you can probably snag a 30% off code for Kohl's, but free shipping is usually only over $75 so the shipping cost would cancel out savings unless you need more than just pillows. They have free instore pickup for online orders but it seems like only items sold instore are eligible.

Kohl's is usually 3-6% on Ebates so that might be one tiny way to save a bit.

I'm curious to hear what others can come up with! I have a feeling that the Lord and Taylor may be your best bet. Lord and Taylor is on Shoprunner so you might be able to get free shipping if you have Shoprunner through an AmEx or similar. https://www.shoprunner.com/stores/

Pinky
08-31-2015, 08:02 AM
I see 30% off and free shipping somewhat regularly for card members I think.

ang79
08-31-2015, 08:40 AM
If you have a Kohls card, the next 30% off codes start on Sept. 9 or 10 I think (saw it posted on slickdeals). I'm waiting for a code as well, as they sent me a $10 off card for my birthday in Sept. and I want to try to combine that w/ the code to buy some Sketchers Go Walks for our upcoming Disney trip. Whenever there is a round of the 15/20/30% off codes, Slickdeals always has the 30% off posted to use online, along with a free shipping code for card members. And sometimes they have other codes listed as well that you can combine. I love shopping at kohls but usually only do so when I have a 30% off as their normal prices are marked up.

american_mama
08-31-2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks all! I do have an Amex card but don't know anything about shoprunner... thought it was a separate service I had to pay for, but maybe I have access to it through my card.

And the pillow is sold online and in the store, and my birthday is in September. Ang79, is yours too? What do the $10 off coupon look like so I know what to look for? I don't pay tons of attention to Kohl's mailings, because I get so many and the store is inconvenient to me.

tabegle
08-31-2015, 09:54 AM
Yeah, your best bet is to buy online with your kohls charge using the 30% off code along with a free shipping code. I did find the red one at amazon for $13.55, but the specific print you have linked is still $19.99. Bonus if happen to have a $10 off coupon, but those are so rare for me these days.

candaceb
08-31-2015, 09:54 AM
If you can wait until Veteran's Day, that may be your best bet. The past 2 years they have had $10 off $25 and it stacked with 30% and free shipping.

ang79
08-31-2015, 11:26 AM
Thanks all! I do have an Amex card but don't know anything about shoprunner... thought it was a separate service I had to pay for, but maybe I have access to it through my card.

And the pillow is sold online and in the store, and my birthday is in September. Ang79, is yours too? What do the $10 off coupon look like so I know what to look for? I don't pay tons of attention to Kohl's mailings, because I get so many and the store is inconvenient to me.

My birthday is Sept. 1. I just got the mailer last week, kinda like a card that had the end taped shut. Inside was the $10 promo gift. It says you can combine with other offers and is valid Sept. 1-30. Not sure if it is because I made the MVP level for their card last year (I think if you spend a certain amount you get extra perks).